Acala ( Sanskrit: "immovable") is a dharmapala primarily revered in Vajrayana Buddhism, particularly in Tangmi traditions of Japan where he is known as Fudō Myōō, China and elsewhere.
He is classed among the Wisdom Kings and preeminent among the Five Wisdom Kings of the Womb Realm. Accordingly, his figure occupies an important hierarchical position in the pictorial diagramatic Mandala of the Two Realms.
In Japan, Acala is highly venerated in the Shingon Buddhism, Tendai, Zen, Nichiren Buddhism and in Shugendō. Fudo Myo is also highly revered amongst some Yakuza members, who oftentimes draw on his intense facial expression and demeanor.
Acala may refer to:
- Acala, a guardian deity primarily revered in Vajrayana Buddhism in Japan, China and elsewhere.
- Bhumi (Buddhism), the eighth of the ten completion stages of the Bodhisattva path
- Acala Ch'ol, a former Ch'ol Maya territory of Guatemala.
- Acala, Texas, a ghost town in Texas, US
- Acala, Chiapas, a town in Mexico
- Acala Municipality, Mexico