n. 1 the capital city of Khakassia, Russia 2 river in Khakassia, Russia
Abakan (; Khakas: , Ağban) is the capital city of the Republic of Khakassia, Russia, located in the central part of Minusinsk Depression, at the confluence of the Yenisei and Abakan Rivers. As of the 2010 Census, it had a population of 165,214—a slight increase over 165,197 recorded during the 2002 Census and a further increase from 154,092 recorded during the 1989 Census.
Abakan is the capital city of the Republic of Khakassia, Russia.
Abakan may also refer to:
- Abakan Urban Okrug, a municipal formation which the City of Abakan in the Republic of Khakassia, Russia is incorporated as
- Abakan River, a river in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Abakan International Airport, an airport in the Republic of Khakassia, Russia
- Abakan-Avia, a Russian cargo airlines
- Abakan Range, a Siberian mountain range in Russia
- Abakan, alternative name of AN-94, a modern Russian assault rifle
- Abakans, fiber sculptures of Polish artist, Magdalena Abakanowicz
- Project Abakan, assault rifle selection trials held in Russia