Crossword clues for aare
- Rhein tributary
- River with the Reichenbach Falls
- Drainer of most of Switzerland
- Longest river entirely in Switzerland
- Tributary of the High Rhine
- Swiss banks may be affiliated with it
- It's canalized at Interlaken
- European river whose tributaries include the Wigger and the Emme
- Longest river entirely within Switzerland
- River that flows from the Bernese Alps
- High Rhine feeder
- Swiss bank depositor?
- Longest river wholly in Switzerland
- Swiss river to the Rhine
- A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine
- Solothurn's river
- Bern waterway
- River at Bern
- River in Switzerland
- Bernese Alps river
- Alpine Rhine feeder
- Berne's river
- A Rhine feeder
- Bern's stream
- River near Zurich
- River known anciently as Obringa
- Swiss waterway
- River rising in the Bernese Alps
- Interlaken waterway
- Main river of Switzerland
- Swiss river into the Rhine
- Lake of Thun feeder
- Lake Thun feeder
- River to the Rhine
- River past Bern
- Swiss river
- Bern's river
- Switzerland's Gorge of the ___
- River through Bern
- Interlaken's river
- River past Interlaken
- River known to the ancients as Obringa
- It has banks in Bern
- It rises in the Bernese Alps
- Rhine feeder
- River from the Bernese Alps
- River known in ancient times as Obringa
- Swiss stream
- It flows through the Lake of Thun
- Alpine river
- Bern is on it
- River of Switzerland
- Alpine stream
- Sight from Bern
- It established banks in Switzerland
- Swiss bank site
- Europe's Gorge of the ___
- It has Swiss banks
- It has banks in Switzerland
- It flows past Olten
- River of Bern
- Webster's first river
- Thun's river
- Lake Thun's river
- River through Interlaken
- Rhine tributary
n. (alternative form of Aar English)
Its total length from its source to its junction with the Rhine comprises about 295 km (183 miles), during which distance it descends , draining an area of , almost entirely within Switzerland, and accounting for close to half the area of the country, including all of Central Switzerland. There are more than 40 hydroelectric plants along the course of the Aare River.
The river's name dates to at least the La Tène period, and it is attested as Nantaror "Aare valley" in the Berne zinc tablet which dates back to Roman Gaul. The name was Latinized as Arula/Arola/Araris.
Aare may refer to:
- Aar , river in Switzerland, tributary of the Rhine
- Aare (surname)
Aare is an Estonian surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Juhan Aare (born 1948), Estonian journalist and politician
- Toivo Aare (1944–1999), Estonian journalist
- Tõnu Aare (born 1953), Estonian singer and guitarist (of the band "Apelsin")
Usage examples of "aare".
As near as I can tell, that trade declined after the fall of Old Aare, and stopped almost completely after the war started.
Liart, on the other hand, had been known in old Aare, but not to the northern nomads or the Seafolk until they met the men from Aarenis.
This meant nothing to Paks or the younger soldiers, but Stammel knew that the title had been extinct since the fall of the old kingdom of Aare across the sea.
If Aare had been worth anything, it would have meant the throne of Aare.
The bald announcement stated that the mutilated body of a twenty-year-old man had been removed from the River Aare that morning.
The Marzili was a long, thin park sandwiched between the River Aare and a well-to-do residential area of Bern, both of which were overlooked by the Bundeshaus and a plethora of government buildings, including the Interpol building and the headquarters of the Federal Police.
At each end of the courtyard in front of the building are glass skylights over classrooms, and at the rear of the University is a large park overlooking the Aare River.
Some of the southern humans think that the humans from Aare drove us out.
Aarenis, when the towers of Aare still overlooked the deserts of the south.