Crossword clues for tmz
TMZ is a website featuring celebrity and entertainment news.
TMZ may also refer to:
- Taltson Magmatic Zone, an Archean to Proterozoic geologic belt in northern Canada
- TMZ, a song by "Weird Al" Yankovic from Alpocalypse
- TMZ (motorcycle), a Soviet motorcycle manufacturer
- TMZ on TV, a television series companion to the website
- Temozolomide, a drug often used in the treatment of Glioblastoma multiforme and melanoma
- Thames Aerodrome, an airport in New Zealand
- Thirty-mile zone or studio zone, a zone in and around Hollywood, California
TMZ is a celebrity news website that debuted on November 8, 2005. It was a collaboration between AOL and Telepictures Productions, a division of Warner Bros., until Time Warner divested AOL in 2009. The name TMZ stands for thirty-mile zone, the historic " studio zone" within a 30-mile (50 km) radius centered at the intersection of West Beverly Boulevard and North La Cienega Boulevard in Los Angeles, California.
TMZ's managing editor is Harvey Levin, a lawyer-turned-journalist who was previously a legal expert for the Los Angeles television station KCBS-TV. The site claims that it does not pay for stories or interviews; however, Levin has admitted that TMZ does "sometimes pay sources for leads on stories". Levin has stated that "everything is researched and vetted for accuracy." A companion television series, TMZ on TV, debuted on September 10, 2007.
TMZ or Tyumenskiy Mototsikletniy Zavod , was a motorcycle manufacturer in the Soviet Union. It was created following the German Invasion of the Soviet Union, when TIZ or Taganrogskiy Instrumentalniy Zavod No. 65 named after Stalin (Таганрогслий инструментальный завод No. 65 им. т. Сталина) was transferred east to the town of Tyumen in the Ural region.