The Collaborative International Dictionary
Tafa is a Local Government Area in Niger State, Nigeria, adjoining the Federal Capital Territory. Its headquarters are in the town of Wuse.
It has an area of 222 km² and a population of 83,544 at the 2006 census.
The postal code of the area is 910.
Tafa may refer to:
- Tafa, Local Government Area in Nigeria
- Tafa Air, former Albanian low-cost airline
- Parachaetolopha tafa, a moth in the Geometridae family found in Papua New Guinea
- Shortened version of Mustafa
- Tafa Balogun (born 1947), Nigerian Inspector General of the Nigerian Police
- Lisiate Tafa (born 1979), Tongan rugby union football player
- Nexhati Tafa, Albanian screenwriter
- Askale Tafa (born 1984), Ethiopian female marathon runner
Usage examples of "tafa".
Her companion prize, whose name was Tafa, was bound similarly before the saddle of one of Hassan’s men.
Zina, who had been taken with Tafa in a caravan raid by Hassan, the bandit, had not been at the two kasbahs in the desert.
Her companion prize, whose name was Tafa, was bound similarly before the saddle of one of Hassan's men.
West of Tafa was Port Cos, which had been founded by settlers from Cos over a century ago.
With them, too, I saw ships with the banners of Tafa, Ven, Tetrapoli and even distant Turmus.
In all, nineteen towns had become members of the League, Turmus, Ven, Tetrapoli, Port Cos, Tafa, Victoria, Fina, Ragnar's Hamlet, Hammerfest, Sulport, Sais, Siba, Jasmine, Point Alfred, Jort's Ferry, Forest Port, Iskander, Tancred's Landing and White Water.
Sherif Ali ibn el Hussein, together with the two men that Aurens had designated as his bodyguards, Halim and Faris, and the sheik of Tafas, Talal el Hareidhin.