Sym may refer to:
- S'ym, comic book character
- Sım, Azerbaijan
- Sym River, a left tributary of the Yenesei with a portage to the Vakh branch of the Ob.
- The symmetrization linear operator
SYM may refer to:
- IATA code for Pu'er Simao Airport, Yunnan, China
- SYM Motors, Taiwanese maker of scooters
- the SYM-1, a single board "trainer" computer produced by Synertek
- N=4 supersymmetric Yang-Mills theory, a model of particles in mathematics and theoretical physics.
- Switzerland Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
- Military/US Navy Code for commonly used equipment. example: Symbol 2842 [SYM 2842] - Jackbox, Sound-Powered Telephone.
Usage examples of "sym".
He saw that she was struggling with a profound sym pathy, a kind of horror that went far beyond any normal reaction.
I was able to decipher what I did of similarities, including the high runes--because those civili- the wall of the chamber in the Great Pyramid using sym- zations had all been started by people from a single earlier bols from a South American site.
Mai, describes Valentinian as born among the snows of Illyria, and habituated to military labor amid the heat and dust of Libya: genitus in frigoribus, educatus is solibus Sym.