SSV-NSMABAAOTWMODAACOTIATW (abbreviated to SSV) was a short lived musical project formed by Sisters of Mercy singer Andrew Eldritch in 1997. The band consisted of Andrew Eldritch and the Hamburg-based techno producers Peter Bellendir (formerly of Xmal Deutschland) and T. Schroeder.
The band served as a vehicle for Eldritch to record a 'spoiler' album, in order to meet his long-standing contractual obligations with WEA. Following the release of the latest Sisters of Mercy studio album, Vision Thing, in 1990, Eldritch had grown tired of the label and had postponed the production of two impending studio albums for several years.
It is "hinted" that the band's full name stands for "Screw Shareholder Value - Not So Much A Band As Another Opportunity To Waste Money On Drugs And Ammunition courtesy Of The Idiots At Time Warner".
SSV may refer to:
- SSV, an acronym for Sailing School Vessel, a type of Tall ship.
- SSV (band), a German techno music group
- Soviet command ship SSV-33
- Special Service Vehicles (SSVs), police vehicles in the U.S. and Canada
- Society for the Suppression of Vice
- Small saphenous vein
- SSV (game architecture), arcade architecture named after its developers SETA Corporation, Sammy Corporation, and Visco Corporation
- SSV Helsinki, a Finnish floorball team
- Strategic Sealift Vessel, a Philippine Navy military vessel type based on a Landing Platform Dock
- Simian sarcoma virus (SSV), a synonym for the Woolly monkey sarcoma virus (WMSV) of family Retroviridae
- Sulfolobus spindle-shaped virus (SSV), a set of viruses belonging to different genera of the Fuselloviridae family