Crossword clues for spec
- An article may be written on it
- Detail in a builder's plan
- Work detail
- Contractor's detail, for short
- Blueprint detail
- Engineering detail
- You might not get paid while working on it
- You may work on it
- Job detail
- It's risky to build a house on this
- Design detail, for short
- Particular, informally
- Short detail?
- Design detail, briefly
- Technical work requirement
- It may be submitted to an architect
- Prototype detail, briefly
- Architect's detail, for short
- What many designers work on
- Provide technical details for
- Not commissioned, after "on"
- Bit of design info
- Guideline for a contractor, for short
- Product detail, briefly
- Design feature
- Guideline for a freelancer, for short
- Provide design details for
- What many writers write on
- Something a journalist may work on
- A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work
- On _____ (freelancer's terms)
- Investor's work, for short
- On___ (for later approval)
- Blueprint item
- On ___ (like some writers' assignments)
- Work detail, for short
- On ___ (without commitment)
- On ___ (like much freelance work)
- Work-order detail
- Plan detail
- On ___ (without assurance of payment)
- Some writers work on it
- On ___ (like some jobs)
- Small detail?
- Kind of sheet
- On ___ (without a contract)
- Particular, for short
- Some work may be done on it
- An article might be written on it
- Not guaranteed, after "on"
- Not assigned, after "on"
- Design detail
- Project particular
- Job detail, briefly
- Planning detail
- A writer may work on it
- ___ sheet
- Project detail, for short
- Something risky to work on
- Mil. designation
- Blueprint detail, briefly
- Some houses are built on it
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
short for specification, 1956. Related: Specs.
n. 1 (context colloquial English) short form of specification 2 (context colloquial English) short form of speculation 3 short form of specialization 4 short form of special 5 (context dialect English) a special place (for hiding or viewing) 6 (context Australia Australian rules football informal English) A spectacular mark (catch) in Australian rules football. vb. (context transitive English) To specify, especially in a formal specification document.
n. a detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work [syn: specification]
Spec may refer to:
SPEC may refer to:
- Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation
- Solid phase extraction chromatography
- Spec (disambiguation)
- Speck (disambiguation)
Usage examples of "spec".
The original is composed of finely veined azurite or carbonate of copper, which, although specked with harder serpentinous nodules, is almost entirely blue.
Cole Haan loafers, and tortoiseshell specs they love to take off and nibble the arm of, plus always a uniform self-seriousness that reminds you of every overachieving dweeb you ever wanted to kick the ass of in school.
At last she got to one display that mattered, ENTER YOUR BRAINWARE SPECS FOR REGISTRATION, and she gave it the false SPECS her tutor had provided: Hauck 9200, model 42A.
Sabin made adjustments as Radd provided specs and monitored the readouts.
All he was capable of doing was to save you two from losing your precious Skyjack specs and prices, after getting himself nearly killed and badly beaten.
Looked at the flaws in the wallpaper, at the smug philodendron in its basket hung from the ceiling, at the, black pussy-cat clock wagging its tail and rolling its eyes at the spec tacle of time being so frivolously frittered away.
The sun had gone down moments before, setting the western sky ablaze with reds and oranges and purples, a fantastic spec- tacle of color and cloud shapes as entrancing, he thought, as the green, star-clotted sky above the city of blue light that he saw so often in his dreams.
Colossal and grossly tubate, a caterpillar body studded with tufts, ventricles opening and closing sphincters, dun and specked with warning colours.
MMU backpack, evidently built to mil spec, was considerably more advanced than Bootstrap hardware.
I basically become the middleman, my sales guys brokering the pretreated raw goods, you assembling em to our specs and quality satisfaction .
The semiconducting sphere he was looking at seemed well within its design specs.
I settled for a double dose of tannin secretion, an underdose of sun block, a darkened pair of mag specs, my height, and a local beard and hairstyle.
Call District and have them rush through a change of spec - include heat- treat and a modified Charpy test.
Joshua had drawn up the specs for a self-replicating nanoparticle emissions generator.
If Nervi was really smart, though, he would have the specs instead of letting the security company keep them.