The acronym SMO may refer to:
- Senior Medical Officer
- Sequential Minimal Optimization, a fast method to solve huge quadratic programming problems, widely used to speed up the training of the Support Vector Machines (SVMs)
- Singapore Mathematical Olympiad, a mathematics competition
- Saturday Morning Orchestra, an amateur orchestra based in the south of England. Established in 1971 and named after its rehearsal time.
- Site Management Organization, a person or an organization that enters into a contract with a pharmaceutical company or a contract research organization to assume the responsibilities of a clinical investigator
- Sliding mode observer, a state observer that uses discontinuous sliding mode control to achieve finite-time zero estimator error in at least one dimension
- Smo, a is used to describe a person, often wealthy men who are less muscular and weaker than bodybuilders, who pays bodybuilders money for private posing sessions, wrestling, and prostitution.
- Social media optimization
- Social movement organization
- Solar Monitoring Observatory, a space science observatory for the International Space Station
- Survey and Mapping Office, an office of the Lands Department is the central authority for land surveys and all types of mapping in Hong Kong
- SQL Server Management Objects, a collection of objects through which programs can manage Microsoft SQL Server
- the International Air Transport Association code for Santa Monica Airport in the United States
- the Samoan language code