Sealy may refer to:
Sealy is an Anglo-Norman surname, arriving in the British Isles with the Norman conquest of England in 1066 (although some claim it originated in Celtic Cornwall prior to the Norman invasion). The name was also found among the Anglo-Irish people of Counties Cork and Kerry in Ireland as far back as the 1500s. Multiple spellings are found throughout British and Irish history: Seally, Sealey, Seeley, Seely, Ceiley, Ceely, Celey, and others. Today the surname is mostly commonly found in the United States and Barbados, while the Sealey form is more common in England.
Notable people with the surname include:
- Allan Sealy, author nominated for the Booker Prize
- Alison Sealy-Smith, Canadian actress
- Derek Sealy, West Indian cricketer
- Glenroy Sealy, Canadian cricketer
- Jim Sealy (1876–1949), Ireland international rugby union player
- Lloyd Sealy, the NYPD's first African American officer to graduate from the FBI National Academy
- Joseph Robert Sealy, British botanist
- Malik Sealy (1970–2000), American professional basketball player
- Mike Sealy, head coach of the UCLA's women's volleyball team
- Philip Sealy, the Permanent Representative for Trinidad and Tobago to the United Nations
- Scott Sealy, Trinidadian footballer
- Tony Sealy (born 1959), English footballer
Sealy, TX -- U.S. city in Texas
Housing Units (2000): 2077
Land area (2000): 6.911765 sq. miles (17.901388 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.016641 sq. miles (0.043101 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 6.928406 sq. miles (17.944489 sq. km)
FIPS code: 66464
Located within: Texas (TX), FIPS 48
Location: 29.774182 N, 96.157570 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 77474
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Usage examples of "sealy".
We need your help in locating Richard Sealy so that we might topple the organized crime structure in our city.
I told them that Charlie had turned a Gamboza hype named Richie Sealy and that the hype fed information to Charlie about incoming Gamboza dope shipments and that Charlie then sold the information to the Jamaicans so that they could hijack the dope.
Those fucking Gamboza bastards grew up right over there on Wilmont Street and so did Richie Sealy.