SARS is severe acute respiratory syndrome, a viral respiratory disease of zoonotic origin caused by the SARS coronavirus.
SARS, Sars, or sars may also refer to:
- SARS coronavirus, the virus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome
- Sars (urban-type settlement), an urban-type settlement in Perm Krai, Russia
- Sveže Amputirana Ruka Satrijanija, or S.A.R.S., a Serbian alternative rock band
- Sars, a common abbreviation for sarsaparilla in Australia
- South African Revenue Service, the tax collection agency for South Africa
- Suffolk Accident Rescue Service, a UK charity providing medical care
- Sarsfield's GAA (disambiguation), various sports clubs whose name is often abbreviated Sars
- Plural of Sar (disambiguation) in various senses
- SARS (gene), a human enzyme
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
by 2003, acronym from severe acute respiratory syndrome.
abbr. Shortened form of sarsaparilla (drink)