Saad (also spelled Sa'ad) is a common male Arabic given name that means felicity, prosperity, successful and good luck. It may be a shortened version of Sa'd al-Din, and is not to be confused with Sa‘id. It is not the same as the single Arabic letter 'sad' which has no intrinsic meaning.
It may refer to:
Saad is a common Arabic name, Saad may also refer to:
- PNS Saad (S138), a diesel-electrical submarine of the Pakistan Navy
- System Administrator Appreciation Day, abbreviated as SAAD, an unofficial celebration day for system administrators
- Banu Sa'ad, tribe of Arabia
- Caravanserai of Sa'd al-Saltaneh, Caravanserai in Qazvin
- Kolej Yayasan Saad (KYS), also known as Saad Foundation College, an educational institution in Malaysia
- Sa'ad (kibbutz), kibbutz in the Negev desert in southern Israel
- Saad Esporte Clube, usually known simply as Saad, a Brazilian men's football team
- Saad Specialist Hospital, private hospital in Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- Saad National Schools, series of schools based in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- Sa'ad (astronomical), a planetary position in classical Arabic astronomy
n. The letter ص in the Arabic script.
Usage examples of "saad".
Mohammed Ben Amud Bou Saad, at a salary of ten reals of Fezzan a month.
Saad al-Bazzaz, a high-ranking Iraqi defector, claims that in the 1980s Saddam made a decision not to engage in terrorism against the West.