RIT is a common abbreviated name for Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York, USA.
RIT may also refer to:
- Rajalakshmi Institute of Technology, a college in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Regional Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- Rapid Intervention Team, also known as the Firefighter Assist and Search Team
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Rede Integrada de Transporte, a bus rapid transit system in Curitiba, Brazil
- RiT Technologies, a company specializing in structured cabling management systems
- Riverina Institute of TAFE, Australia
- Recherche et Industrie Thérapeutiques, the former name of what is now GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals in Belgium
- Research in Information Technology, a program at Carnegie Mellon University
- Rit, a phonetic spelling of writ
- Royal Institute of Thailand
- Rede Internacional de Televisão, a Brazilian religious television channel
- Recording Industry Foundation in Taiwan, a member of IFPI in Taiwan
- Rourkela Institute of Technology, Kalunga, Orissa, India
- Rakuten Institute of Technology in Japan
- Receiver incremental tuning
- Rit, a member of the ras superfamily of proteins
- Radiological Imaging Technology, a principle of radiology
- Radioisotope therapy, a form of radiation therapy
- Radioimmunotherapy, radioisotope therapy with monoclonal antibodies
- Rede Integrada de Transporte (in Portuguese), a bus rapid transit (BRT) system in Curitiba, Brazil
- Roosevelt Island Tramway, a tram connecting Manhattan and Roosevelt Island in New York City
- Riffelalptram (RiT), a mountain tram line near Zermatt, Switzerland
- Rit's House an album by Lee Ritenour
- Ritardando, Ritenuto, ambiguously, (abbreviated as "Rit." in music notation), either of two marks both meaning to slow the tempo (gradually, or only slightly) in a musical score
Rit is a brand of dye owned by Phoenix Brands as of 2003.
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Rit \Rit\, obs.
3d pers. sing. pres. of Ride, contracted from rideth.
Usage examples of "rit".
But he iz edjukated and so I hav lissend to him and riten U this lettr asking to sea U.
As hoomly as he rit amonges yow, If ye hym knewe, it wolde be for youre prow, Ye wolde nat forgoon his aqueyntaunce For muchel good, I dar leye in balaunce Al that I have in my possessioun.
And right anoon, withouten moore abood, His baner he desplayeth, and forth rood To Thebesward, and al his hoost biside, No neer Atthenes wolde he go ne ride, Ne take his ese fully half a day, But onward on his wey that nyght he lay- And sente anon Ypolita the queene, And Emelye, hir yonge suster sheene, Unto the toun of Atthenes to dwelle- And forth he rit.
Up goon the trompes and the melodye, And to the lystes rit the compaignye, By ordinance, thurgh-out the citee large Hanged with clooth of gold, and nat with sarge.