The Collaborative International Dictionary
Raia \Ra"ia\ (r[=a]"y[.a]), n. [L., a ray. Cf. Ray the fish.] (Zo["o]l.) A genus of rays which includes the skates. See Skate.
Raia may refer to:
- Royal Australian Institute of Architects, a professional body for architects in Australia
- Raia, Goa, a small village in Goa, India, about 6 km from Margao on the way to Loutolim
- Kamen Rider Raia, a character from Kamen Rider Ryuki
- An alternative spelling of Raja, a genus of rays in the family Rajidae
- An alternative spelling of Raya (country subdivision), a subdivision in some parts of the Ottoman Empire
Usage examples of "raia".
Her late brother, Matthew Raia, appeared as a Munchkinland official who welcomed Dorothy to the city.
Both were sullen, for hi those days Turks and Christians had been killed, Crete was again catching fire, the raias were again raising their heads.