Nye may refer to:
Nye is a surname. It is of AngloSaxon origin. http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Nye Notable people with the surname include:
- Sir Archibald Nye, British military officer
- Ben Nye, Hollywood makeup artist
- Bill Nye, U.S. popular scientist and TV personality
- Carrie Nye, U.S. actress
- David Evelyn Nye, 20th century British architect
- David E. Nye, U.S. historian
- David Nye, British racing driver
- Edd Nye, North Carolina politician
- Edgar Wilson Nye, "Bill" Nye, 19th century U.S. humorist
- Frank Nye, U.S. congressman from Minnesota
- George D. Nye, U.S. Democratic politician
- Gerald Nye, U.S. Senator and political activist
- Glenn Nye, U.S. Democratic congressman from Virginia
- James W. Nye, 19th century U.S. senator
- Jody Lynn Nye, U.S. science fiction author
- Joseph Nye, U.S. academic and political theorist
- Lee Nye, U.S. photographer
- Liam Nye, British entrepreneur
- Louis Nye, U.S. actor and comedian
- Naomi Shihab Nye, Palestinian-American poet and songwriter
- Nye Lavalle, American Social Scientist & Sports Marketing Executive
- Robert Nye (1939–2016), British novelist, poet and playwright
- Russel Blaine Nye, American author and historian of popular culture
- Ruth Nye, Australian pianist
- Simon Nye, British comedy writer, creator of sitcom Men Behaving Badly
- Steve Nye, music producer
Nye -- U.S. County in Nevada
Housing Units (2000): 15934
Land area (2000): 18146.661884 sq. miles (46999.636520 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 12.065561 sq. miles (31.249657 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 18158.727445 sq. miles (47030.886177 sq. km)
Located within: Nevada (NV), FIPS 32
Location: 37.895867 N, 116.564187 W
Nye County, NV
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Nye \Nye\, n. [Prob. fr. F. nid nest, brood, L. nidus nest. See Nest, and cf. Eye brood, Nide.] A brood or flock of pheasants.
Ny \Ny\, Nye \Nye\, a. & adv.
n. A brood or flock of pheasants.
Usage examples of "nye".
In consequence of what he considered a breach of faith on the question, he voted against the passage of the Amnesty Bill, Senator Nye of Nevada being the only one who united with him in the negative vote.
Nye was certain to get a Senatorship, and Orion was so sure to get the Secretaryship that no one but him was named for that office.
Dan Setchell used it before him, Nye and Riley and others use it to-day.
Anthony of Rhode Island, Cameron of Pennsylvania, Cattell of New Jersey, Chandler of Michigan, Cole of California, Conkling of New York, Conness of California, Corbett of Oregon, Cragin of New Hampshire, Drake of Missouri, Edmunds of Vermont, Ferry of Connecticut, Frelinghuysen of New Jersey, Harlan of Iowa, Howard of Michigan, Howe of Wisconsin, Morgan of New York, Morrill of Maine, Morrill of Vermont, Morton of Indiana, Nye of Nevada, Patterson of New Hampshire, Pomeroy of Kansas, Ramsey of Minnesota, Sherman of Ohio, Sprague of Rhode Island, Stewart of Nevada, Sumner of Massachusetts, Thayer of Nebraska, Tipton of Nebraska, Wade of Ohio, Willey of West Virginia, Williams of Oregon, Wilson of Massachusetts, and Yates of Illinois.
David Nye, chair of the Center for American Studies, Odense University, Denmark, September 1, 1996.
There were relics of the past: signed caricatures of Michael Foot and Nye Bevan.
Nye stood with a curse and slid down the inside of the cinder cone, no longer making any attempt to conceal his presence.
The fiasco with the stock market has ruined a good number of her friends: the Nyes, the brothers Chadbourne, Dorothy Trafton.
The Nyes certainly won’t, nor will Dorothy Trafton, and Vivian thinks she might actually miss Dorothy Trafton, if only as someone to dislike.
Can it simply be that, stung for so long by humiliations, forced to work under the command of the Osters and the Nyes, I spun for myself -- in the image and likeness of my own hopes -- the only equivalent available to me of holiness: the myth of the Annunciation and Revelation, which I then -- also to blame -- rejected as much out of ignorance as ill will?
There was talk of employee sabotage, and somehow Nye, as security director, became the scapegoat.