Neti can refer to:
- Neti (mythology), an underworld god in Mesopotamian mythology
Neti (Hatha Yoga) a Hatha Yoga technique for cleansing air passageways in the head
- Neti pot, or Jala neti, a device used for nasal irrigation
- Neti neti, a chant or mantra in Hinduism, and in particular Jnana Yoga and Advaita Vedanta
- Neti, an alien race in Star Wars
- Neti.ee, an Estonian Internet search engine
- NETI, an acronym for the Novosibirsk State Technical University
Neti is, in Sumerian, Babylonian, and Akkadian mythology, a minor underworld god, the chief gatekeeper of the netherworld, and the servant of the goddess Ereshkigal. Neti features prominently in the epic legend of Inana's Descent into the Underworld when he opens the seven gates of the realm and admits the goddess, removing one emblem of her power at the threshold of each gate.
Neti (Hatha Yoga)
Neti ( Sanskrit: नेति) is an important part of Hindu Shatkarma (sometimes known as Shatkriya), the yogic system of body cleansing techniques. It is intended mainly to the cleaning of the air passageways in the head. Both the Hatha Yoga Pradipika and other sources usually attribute to Neti many beneficial effects that range from profound physiological ones on the body, mind and personality to even clairvoyance. The two main variants are jala neti using water and the more advanced sutra neti using string.