Naren is a given name in various cultures.
In Inner Mongolia, Naren is a Chinese transcription of the Mongolian word naran , meaning "sun".
People with this name include:
- Naren Tamhane (1931–2002), Indian cricketer
- Naren Ray (1940–2003), Bengali Indian cartoonist
- Naren Bakshi (born 1943), Indian-born American entrepreneur
- Naren Gupta (born 1948), Indian venture capitalist
- Naren Hua (born 1962), Chinese actress of Mongolian descent
- Naren Kulung (born 1983), Nepali singer
- Naren Weiss (born 1991), American actor of Indian descent
- Naren Shankar, American screenwriter of Indian descent