Menteşe is a planned district and second level municipality in Muğla Province, Turkey. According to the 2012 Metropolitan Municipalities Law (law no. 6360), all Turkish provinces with a population more than 750000 will become metropolitan municipalities and the districts within the metropolitan municipalities will be second level municipalities. The law also creates new districts within the provinces in addition to present districts. These changes will be effective by the local elections in 2014.
Thus after 2014 the present Muğla central district will be named Menteşe and the name Muğla will be reserved for the metropolitan municipality. ( Menteşe was the name of a 14th-century beylik in and around Muğla Province.)
Menteşe may refer to
- Menteşe (district), the planned new name of the central district of Muğla Province, Turkey, effective 2014.
- Menteşe (beylik), a principality in southwest Turkey in the 14th century
- Menteşe, a sanjak of the Ottoman Empire, known as Muğla Province since the early 20th century
- Menteşe, Muğla, a town in Muğla Province
- Menteşeler, Köşk a town in Aydın Province