Marghazar is a hill station located in Swat District of khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan at a distance of 13 kilometers away from Saidu Sharif. Marghazar, literally means "green land", is really so with green valleys, forested mountains, pleasing atmosphere, cold water springs above which is Koh-e-Elam; mountain of 10,000 feet height with thick forest, springs, meadows. This was the reason that the then King ( Wali of Swat), Miangul Abdul Wadud decided to build a summer residence there for himself. He made a palace there in 1940 which was the summer capital of Swat (princely state). The palace was named as Sufed Mahal or The White Palace. This palace is now converted into a hotel. Marghazar is a valley of tourist attractions in the summer. Queen Elizabeth II visited Marghazar in 1961 and stayed here for three days. There is a 200-year-old colossal chinar tree, serving as a canopy for the visitors. There is a middle school and one primary school for boys and girls each but no health unit.