Crossword clues for mann
- Pop singer Manfred ___
- Jazz's Herbie
- 19th-century educator Horace
- Singer/songwriter Aimee
- Thomas who wrote "The Magic Mountain"
- Singer Aimee
- "Ali" director Michael
- Thomas who wrote "Death in Venice"
- Actor Thomas of "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl"
- "Doctor Faustus" novelist Thomas
- "The Magic Mountain" novelist Thomas
- Michael who directed the 2015 film "Blackhat"
- Thomas who wrote "Buddenbrooks"
- United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859)
- German writer concerned about the role of the artist in bourgeois society (1875-1955)
- Jazz flutist Herbie
- "The Magic Mountain" author
- "Confessions of Felix Krull" author
- "Buddenbrooks" author
- "Death in Venice" author
- "Buddenbrooks" novelist Thomas
- "Buddenbrooks" novelist
- Tony-winning producer Theodore
- "Death in Venice" author Thomas
- Educator Horace
- "Joseph and His Brothers" novelist
- Jazzman Herbie
- "The Magic Mountain" novelist
- "Doctor Faustus" novelist
- 1929 Literature Nobelist
Mann ( German for "man", "male", "husband", or "fellow"), was a paramilitary rank used by several Nazi Party paramilitary organizations between 1925 and 1945. The rank is most often associated with the SS, and also as a rank of the SA where Mann was the lowest enlisted rank and was the equivalent of a private.
In 1938, with the rise of the SS-Verfügungstruppe (later renamed the Waffen-SS), the SS changed the rank of SS-Mann to Schütze, although it still retained the original SS rank of Mann for the Allgemeine-SS (general SS). The rank of Mann was junior to SS- Sturmmann.
In most Nazi Party organizations, the rank of Mann held no distinctive insignia. Some groups, however, granted a minor form of rank insignia such as a blank collar patch or simple shoulder board to denote the rank of Mann. (see right: SS rank insignia pattern from 1933)
Even lower ranks, e.g. Bewerber, Jungmann, Anwärter, Vollanwärter, were established in the mid-1930s as a recruit or candidate position, held by an individual seeking an appointment as a Mann in a Nazi Party paramilitary organization.
Mann may refer to:
- Mann guitars produced by Ibanez in the Lawsuit Era
- Isle of Man, known as "Mann" as an alternative shorter name
- Mann (military rank), a Nazi paramilitary rank
- Mannaz, conventional name of the Futhorc m-rune
- Mann Theatres, a theatre chain corporation
- Mann (magazine), a Norwegian magazine
- Mann (film), a 1999 Bollywood motion picture
- Mann (rapper), a rapper signed to Beluga Heights Records
- Mann+Hummel, a German automotive OEM and aftermarket parts company
- Mann language, a Mande language
- Mann (unit), an obsolete Arabic unit of mass
- Mann (surname), people with the surname Mann
- Mann Co., the fictional weapon/hat company that sells products to Team Fortress 2 players.
- Mann Manor, a map for Team Fortress 2
Mann is a surname of Germanic origin. The word means "man", "person", "husband".
"ᛗ" is a single character ("rune") in the traditional old-English, Anglo Saxon, Runic alphabet, which denotes "Mann" 1.
"Mann" is also a surname of Punjabi/Jatt origin. In Punjabi, "Mann" means "pride" or "honour". "Mann" is also a less common Cantonese transliteration of the Chinese surname Wen (文).
Mann ( English: man) was a Norwegian monthly men's magazine published in Oslo, Norway.
Mann ( English: Mind) is a 1999 Indian Hindi romantic drama film directed by Indra Kumar. The film stars popular actors Aamir Khan, Manisha Koirala and Anil Kapoor. Rani Mukerji also makes a special appearance in the movie. The movie is a remake of old classic Bheegi Raat (1965) starring Ashok Kumar, Meena Kumari and Pradeep Kumar, and is also a frame-by-frame copy of An Affair to Remember. This is Aamir and Manisha's second movie together after Akele Hum Akele Tum. The film was remade in the same year in Tollywood titled Ravoyi Chandamama starring Akkineni Nagarjuna, Anjala Zhaveri, Keerthi Reddy and Jagapati Babu.
Dijon Shariff Thames (born July 17, 1991), better known by his stage name MANN, is an American hip-hop recording artist from West Los Angeles, California discovered by J.R. Rotem. He's perhaps best known for his singles "Buzzin" with 50 Cent and "The Mack" with Snoop Dogg and Iyaz. He founded, owns and operates the independent imprint Peace Life Quality Recordings, which is currently home to artists Tone Oliver and LanaaMak aka Goldie Locs.
Since 2008, MANN has released four albums and six mixtapes, having collaborated with the likes of 50 Cent, Ty Dolla $ign, Skeme, Shawn Chrystopher, Jason Derulo, Audio Push, Kid Ink, Kram D, Jermaine Dupri, T-Pain, Travis Porter, Trev Chase, Clyde Carson, Dizzy Wright, Matik, Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, Kevo Da Kid, A2TheK, YMTK, Buddy, Bobby Brackins, Problem, Casey Veggies, Jetpack Jones and more.
MANN's latest album dropped on the June 24, 2014.
A Mann (also known as a Guard, Sage, Commoner, Prince) is a fairy chess piece that can move like a King, but has no royal power.
- Courier chess as Mann.
- Roman chess as archer or chariot.
- Two Kings Each as the non-royal king playable at Internet Chess Club under variant wild 9.