Crossword clues for mahan
Mahan may refer to:
- Mahan (name)
- Mahan confederacy, chiefdoms in ancient Korea
- Mahan, Iran, a city in Kerman Province
- Mahan District, an administrative subdivision of Kerman Province
- Mahan Rural District, an administrative subdivision of Kerman Province
- Mahan, Hamadan, a village in Hamadan Province, Iran
- Mahan Air, an airline based in Kerman province
- Mahan Island, the conjoined Lanzarote and Fuerteventura in Canary Islands prehistory
- Master Mahan, a title of uncertain meaning, applied to Cain and his descendant Lamech in the Book of Moses
- Mahaan, a 1983 Indian Hindi film
- Mahaan (1992 film), a 1992 Indian Malayalam film
Mahan (foaled 1951 in England) was a Thoroughbred racehorse who competed successfully in France for his American owner/breeder Ralph B. Strassburger before being sold to Allie E. Reuben's Hasty House Farm and brought to race in the United States.
Trained by U.S. Racing Hall of Fame inductee trainer Harry Trotsek, Mahan defeated the great Swaps to win the Arch Ward Memorial Stakes at Washington Park Race Track in Chicago.
In 1957, Mahan won the most important race of his career when he captured the Washington, D.C. International Stakes in 1957, a race that was the precursor to the Breeders' Cup.
Mahan was not successful at stud.
Mahan is both a surname and a given name. Notable people with the name include:
Usage examples of "mahan".
Miss Mahan has been with the Hawley school system for thirty-one years.
Carter already has more than he can handle, Miss Mahan chuckled to herself.
Miss Mahan walked to the dime store for a get-well card which the ninth-grade class would sign that afternoon when they returned for English.
Miss Mahan had certainly seen her share of blindly doting parents, but this was unbelievable.
Miss Mahan retrieved her carton of orange juice from the small refrigerator and drank it with her fried egg sandwich.
Miss Mahan switched on the lights, making the windows seem even darker.
Miss Mahan reached school the next morning, but still blew in fitful gusts.
Although Miss Mahan had expected something like this, she stared nevertheless.
Miss Mahan said to herself, watching the big soft flakes float down in random zig-zags.
Miss Mahan looked at him over her glasses the same way she would a recalcitrant student.
Miss Mahan felt her throat beginning to burn from the bile rising in it.
They scudded across the sky so rapidly Miss Mahan got dizzy looking at them.
Miss Mahan started the car and switched on the heater, although it was still fairly warm.
Miss Mahan jerked her eyes back to the beautiful child, feeling like a puppet herself.
Miss Mahan watched in paralyzed shock as he got to his feet, grinning an idiot grin, shaking the snow from his wings, and walked around the car.