Crossword clues for mafa
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Mafa \Mafa\prop. n.. (Linguistics) A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad; called also Matakam.
Mafa is a Local Government Area of Borno State, Nigeria. Its headquarters are in the town of Mafa.
It has an area of 2,869 km² and a population of 103,518 at the 2006 census.
The postal code of the area is 611.
It is one of the sixteen LGAs that constitute the Borno Emirate, a traditional state located in Borno State, Nigeria.
On 2 February 2015, the Nigerian Army said it had recaptured Mafa from Boko Haram, along with the nearby towns of Gamboru, Abadam, Mallam Fatori, and Marte, following joint military operations by Nigerian and Cameroonian forces, civilian forces, and three days of Chadian airstrikes.
Mafa may refer to:
- Mafa, a Local Government Area of Borno State, Nigeria
- MAFA (Mast cell function-associated antigen), a type II membranal glycoprotein
- MafA, a type of MAF (gene), also known as RIPE3b1, which promotes pancreatic development, as well as insulin gene transcription
- MAFA (gene) (V-maf musculoaponeurotic fibrosarcoma oncogene homolog A (avian)), a human gene
- Mafa language, an Afro-Asiatic language spoken in northern Cameroon and eastern Nigeria
- MAFA, the Manchester Academy of Fine Arts in England
- Victorian Amateur Football Association, previously known as the Metropolitan Amateur Football Association (MAFA)