Crossword clues for macs
- Some rainwear
- Jobs offerings
- Apple computers
- Some rain gear
- Alternatives to PCs
- OS X users
- Machines that run Panther or Leopard
- Part of the home computer market
- Non-P.C. choices?
- OS X runners
- One side in a computer rivalry
- Safari vehicles?
- Non-Windows computers
- Apple Store display
- Computers that are un-PC
- Decidedly non-PC types?
- Big ___ (some sandwiches)
- Apple purchases
- Tart apples, informally
- Certain raingear
- Some office equipment
- Certain rainwear
- Performas and PowerBooks
- Apples, informally
- Brolly alternatives
- Short coats?
- Apple products
- Handy computers
- British raincoats
- PC alternatives
- Coats for bad weather
- Some computers
- Apple production
n. (plural of mac English)
Macs or MACS may refer to:
- a Mac computer, a nickname for the Macintosh brand
- "macs" (short story), a short story by Terry Bisson
- Mac's Convenience Stores, a chain of stores in Canada
- Magnetic-activated cell sorting
- Metropolitan Area Commuter System, a bus system in Fairbanks, Alaska
- Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study
- MACS (software), Model-based Analysis of ChIP-Seq, software for finding peaks in ChIP-Seq data used in computational biology
- Minimal Access Cranial Suspension, a form of facial surgery or rhytidectomy used to reduce wrinkles and lift sagging facial tissue
- Magellanic Catalogue of Stars, a catalogue of positions for stars covering large areas around the Large and Small Magellanic Cloud
- Mountain Ash Comprehensive School, a comprehensive school that is situated in Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales
- MAssive Cluster Survey (MACS) an ongoing project aimed at the compilation and characterization of a sample of very X-ray luminous (and thus, by inference, massive), distant clusters of galaxies. Current sample comprises 124 spectroscopically confirmed clusters at 0.3 < z < 0.7. Candidates were selected from the ROSAT All-Sky Survey data
The story consists entirely of dialogue between several people and an investigator. The people are telling the investigator about clones that were used to satisfy the Victims’ Rights Closure Settlement – wherein people get a clone of the person who was responsible for the death of their loved ones.
macs won the 2000 Locus award and Nebula award for Best Short Story. It was also nominated for the 2000 Hugo award for Best Short Story.
Category:1999 short stories Category:Short stories by Terry Bisson Category:Works originally published in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction Category:Nebula Award for Best Short Story-winning works
Usage examples of "macs".
The season was almost over, except for the annual game between the Macs and their archrivals, the York Academy Cougars.
Macdonald Hall Macs were running breakaway drill on Pete Anderson, the goalie, when a second netminder in full equipment took the ice.
The Macdonald Hall bench cleared, and a joyous procession of Macs descended on Bruno, and hoisted him up on their shoulders.
The Macs dug furiously, but it was the York captain whose strength and skill prevailed.
Several long tables were pushed together, and behind them sat the sixteen Macdonald Hall Macs, preparing for their hour of fame.