A lightbox is a translucent surface illuminated from behind, used for situations where a shape laid upon the surface needs to be seen with high contrast.
A lightbox is a translucent surface illuminated from behind.
Lightbox may also refer to:
- Lightbox, a folder on a software application/website, for queueing images for a batch process (bulk presentation in a slide show, bulk purchase, etc.)
In media and entertainment:
- Lightbox.com, a discontinued photoblogging platform
- LightBox Interactive, a USA-based video game developer
- Lightbox (New Zealand), an online TV show streaming service
- Time LightBox, a blog by the photo department of Time Magazine
- Lightbox (album), an album by Chris Letchford
- The Lightbox, a museum in Woking, England
- TIFF Bell Lightbox, the headquarters for the Toronto International Film Festival in Toronto
- Light box, an artificial sunlight source used in light therapy
Lightbox (New Zealand)
Lightbox is a New Zealand subscription video on demand (SVOD) service offering a selection of television shows over a range of devices. The service is owned by Spark New Zealand, a New Zealand-wide communications service provider. Kym Niblock is the managing director of Lightbox.
The streaming-only subscription is NZ$12.99 in high-definition, where available.
Lightbox has also partnered with Coliseum Sports Media to deliver a subscription-based sports streaming service called Lightbox Sport. Lightbox Sport will include golf, English Premier League football and French Top 14 rugby.
In New Zealand Lightbox faces competition from SVOD services Quickflix, Netflix and Neon.
n. 1 A box containing a source of light and a white, translucent cover, used to view photographic transparencies. 2 A box containing fluorescent tubes or LED technology, used to treat people with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and circadian rhythm disorders. 3 (cx internet English) A kind of pop-up that is overlaid across a web page while the rest of the content is dimmed.
Usage examples of "lightbox".
I gotta use one of them green lightboxes and risk goddamn cancer of the eyeballs.