LHA may refer to:
- LHA, the local hour angle of an astronomical object
- Lesbian Herstory Archives, a New York-based lesbian history archive and museum
- LHA (file format), a freeware compression utility and associated file format
- LHA (for " Landing Helicopter Assault"), US Navy hull classification symbol for general purpose amphibious assault ships of the Tarawa class and forthcoming America class
- Stock ticker for Lufthansa on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- Local Housing Allowance, welfare benefit in the UK to help tenants with low incomes pay their rent
- Black Forest Airport
- Lincoln Highway Association
- Livonia Hockey Association, amateur hockey league in Livonia, Michigan
- Lha, a letter of Cyrillic alphabet
- Lateral Hypothalamic Area, a part of the brain that has been implicated in the control of feeding behavior.
LHA is a freeware compression utility and associated file format. It was created in 1988 by , and originally named LHarc. A complete rewrite of LHarc, tentatively named LHx, was eventually released as LH. It was then renamed to LHA to avoid conflicting with the then-new MS-DOS 5.0 LH ("load high") command. According to early documentation, LHA is pronounced like La.
Although no longer much used in the West, LHA remains popular in Japan. It was used by id Software to compress installation files for their earlier games, including Doom and Quake. LHA has been ported to many operating systems, and is still the main archiving format used on the Amiga computer, although it competed with LZX in the mid 1990s. This was due to Aminet, the world's largest archive of Amiga related software and files, standardising on Stefan Boberg's implementation of LHA for the Amiga. Microsoft has released a Windows XP add-on, Microsoft Compressed (LZH) Folder Add-on, designed for the Japanese version of the operating system. The Japanese version of Windows 7 ships with the LZH folder add-on built-in. Users of non-Japanese versions of Windows 7 Enterprise and Ultimate can also install the LZH folder add-on by installing the optional Japanese language pack from Windows Update.
Lha (Ԕ ԕ; italics: Ԕ ԕ) is a letter of the Cyrillic script. It looks like a cross-digraph of the Cyrillic letters El and Kha , but it is not a composable ligature.
Lha was used in the alphabet used in the 1920s for the Moksha language, where it represented the voiceless alveolar lateral .