Kotovskoye is a rural locality ( selo) in Kotovsky Selsoviet of Rasskazovsky District of Tambov Oblast, Russia.
The village was founded in 1744 as Kobylenka . According to the Second Audit of 1744, the village was settled by the migrants from nearby Koptevo and Zderevaya. According to the Audit, the village population was 152.
In the 1950s, the village was given its present name in honor of Grigory Kotovsky, a prominent Soviet military leader and communist activist.