KMA is a collaboration between media artists Kit Monkman and Tom Wexler (UK). KMA's work is primarily focused on the use of projected light to transform spaces and the interactions of people within those spaces.
The idea of people gathering after dark to enact and / or watch a drama or ritual lies deep inside us and our ancestral history. It is surely one of the oldest, simplest and most essential of human responses to our fate.
KMA’s work seeks to explore this impulse in the context of the modern city. By combining sophisticated interactive technologies with an emotional narrative the work choreographs pedestrian’s movement; it builds, sustains, and develops complex, physically networked, relations between the body, the individual, the crowd, and the city.
KMA are best known for large scale public interactive works that use projected light and motion tracking technology to create immersive digital 'playgrounds' in existing public spaces. 'Flock' - based on 3 sections of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake - typifies this approach, and was presented at Trafalgar Square, London as a co-commission by the Institute of Contemporary Arts and The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
Congregation (2010) was commissioned to represent the UK Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo.
KMA (960 AM) is a radio station licensed to serve Shenandoah, Iowa. With a colorful history, it is one of the few radio stations in the country tracing back to its original 1925 owners.
KMA could refer to:
- Kanpur Metropolitan Area, India
- KMA (AM), a radio station (960 AM) licensed to Shenandoah, Iowa, United States
- KMA-FM, a radio station (99.1 FM) licensed to Clarinda, Iowa, United States
- KMA (art), a collaboration between media artists Kit Monkman and Tom Wexler
- Kent Miners' Association
- Koninklijke Militaire Academie, the Royal Dutch Military Academy
- Korea Military Academy, South Korea
- The Korea Meteorological Administration, South Korea
- Kursk Magnetic Anomaly
- Kerala Mathematical Association, Kerala, India
- Korean martial arts
- Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly
- KMA, IATA airport code of Kerema Airport in Papua New Guinea