Iva or IVA may refer to:
Iva is a genus of wind-pollinated plants in the daisy family, described as a genus by Linnaeus in 1753. Plants of this genus are known generally as marsh elders. The genus is native to North America.Accepted species
- Iva angustifolia - southeastern + south-central USA ( Texas Oklahoma Louisiana Arkansas Kansas Florida)
- Iva annua - USA, primarily south-central region; Tamaulipas
- Iva asperifolia - south-central USA ( Texas Oklahoma Louisiana Arkansas Kansas Indiana), Veracruz
- Iva axillaris - western United States + Canada
- Iva cheiranthifolia - Cuba
- Iva ciliata - south-central USA
- Iva corbinii B.L. Turner - Texas
- Iva dealbata - USA ( Texas New Mexico), Mexico ( Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, San Luis Potosí)
- Iva frutescens - coastal areas from Texas to Nova Scotia
- Iva hayesiana - California, Baja California
- Iva imbricata - coastal areas from Texas to Virginia; Bahamas
- Iva microcephala - southeastern United States ( Alabama Florida Georgia North Carolina South Carolina)
- Iva xanthiifolia ( synonymCyclachaena xanthiifolia) - widespread in United States + Canada, introduced elsewhere
Iva (given name)
Iva may refer to:
- Iva Bittová (born 1958), a Czech avant-garde violinist, singer and composer
- Iva Budařová (born 1960), a Czechoslovakian former professional tennis player
- Iva Davies (born 1955), Australian musician, leader of the band Icehouse
- Iva Majoli (born 1977), a Croatian former professional tennis player
- Iva Ropati, a New Zealand former rugby league player
- Iva Snyder, a fictional character on the daytime soap opera As the World Turns
Iva, SC -- U.S. town in South Carolina
Housing Units (2000): 580
Land area (2000): 0.898864 sq. miles (2.328047 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 0.898864 sq. miles (2.328047 sq. km)
FIPS code: 36160
Located within: South Carolina (SC), FIPS 45
Location: 34.307159 N, 82.664001 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 29655
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
n. any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers; common in moist areas (as coastal salt marshes) of eastern and central North America [syn: marsh elder]
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Usage examples of "iva".
Anne had never met him personally, but from comments Iva had made from time to time, she thought Senyor Castillo would not be the kind of man to easily forgive those who had failed him.
Dvije starice zure za autom, gledam i njihove siluete, u retrovizoru, sve dok ne nestanu, Iva je danas bacila tarot.
Anne had been with the husband-and-wife team, Joe and Iva, for three of those years.
She could blend a sauce, decorate a cake, arrange a centerpiece, or balance the books with equal ease, and as Iva Metcalf told her with a wry grin, look as if she were enjoying it.
It was with a distinct feeling of relief that Anne watched Joe and Iva pull out of the parking lot with that assignment.
Because Joe and Iva had not returned, she had not been paid for this week.
Just inside the plane was a small section fitted with seats much like a commercial jet, but since Iva had said the galley was in the rear, Anne moved along the aisle between the seats past a shelf arranged with the latest magazines and a small alcove where wraps could be put away.
How could she contact Joe and Iva without money to pay for a wire or phone call?
Anne spent the remainder of the morning trying to get in touch with Judy and talking to Iva Metcalf on the phone.
Anne thanked her, and after promising to see to it that Judy got her message, or herself go over and pack the things Anne needed, Iva hung up.
The morning brought a special-delivery air-mail letter from Iva containing her salary check as promised, plus two pages filled with anxious questions and warnings.
Before she realized it, Anne found herself telling him about her relationship with Joe and Iva, her position in the business, some of the perils and pleasures of catering, and one or two of the more humorous incidents that had occurred.
Inside it was the money from the check Iva had sent her, her emergency fund.
Anne answered, though she accepted the cup Iva poured from the ever-simmering coffee machine.
Paying no attention, Iva cut two generous slices and placed them on plates.