Crossword clues for ira
- Nest egg, of a sort: Abbr.
- Form 1040, line 32 deduction
- "Mad About You" cousin
- C.D. holder, maybe
- George's musical brother
- Savings for old age, for short
- Far-sighted investment, for short
- Investor's option, for short
- Pension supplement, for short
- S. & L. holding
- Songwriter Gershwin
- Savings for old age: Abbr.
- You might put some money in it, briefly
- Investment option, briefly
- "Science Friday" host Flatow
- Saccharin discoverer ___ Remsen
- Something that might roll over, briefly
- Tax adviser's recommendation, for short
- Bit of tax planning, for short
- Investment choice: Abbr.
- Glass of "This American Life"
- It may be rolled over
- Good name for an investment adviser?
- Something to contribute to, for short
- 401(k) alternative, for short
- Cousin of a Keogh, briefly
- Tax planner's plan, for short
- Money for the senior yrs.
- Thing to roll over, in brief
- Certain savings plan, for short
- NPR host Flatow
- It might get a 4.0 A.P.R.
- Org. in "Michael Collins"
- Thing often rolled over, in brief
- Levin who wrote "Rosemary's Baby"
- Savings for one's later years, for short
- Something to roll over, briefly
- He wrote lyrics, by George!
- Glass on a radio
- Nest egg for old age, in brief
- Provision for old age, in brief
- Receiver of contributions, for short
- I.R.S. 1040 line item
- Writer Levin
- $$$ set aside for later years
- Former terrorist org.
- "Michael Collins" org.
- Glass or Gershwin
- Org. in "The Crying Game"
- Subj. of Form 1040's line 32
- S&L holding
- Glass behind a radio microphone
- Often rolled-over investment, for short
- Pulitzer-winning sports reporter Berkow
- Nest egg option, briefly
- Good name for an investor?
- Pianist Stein
- Levin or Gershwin
- Savings plan, briefly
- $$$ for later years
- Flatow of NPR
- Org. that disarmed in 2005
- IRS Form 5498 subject
- Tax law subj.
- Long-term bank offering, briefly
- See 25-Down
- Savings plan, for short
- Militant grp. in a 1994 peace agreement
- Something a fund manager may manage, for short
- Investment option for old age, in brief
- Money set aside for later years, in brief
- Bank offering with a pct. yield
- AARP concern
- Fidelity offering, briefly
- Financial adviser's recommendation, in brief
- Vehicle that may roll over, for short
- Grp. in a 1919-21 war of independence
- Flatow or Glass of public radio
- Bank inits.
- Education secretary Duncan
- Nest egg inits.
- Radio host Glass
- T. Rowe Price offering, in brief
- Org. from which Г“glaigh na hГ‰ireann split off
- Vehicle for the later years, for short?
- Journalist Flatow
- Tax planner's recommendation, for short
- Inits. in some portfolios
- Good name for a tax adviser?
- Org. in "Patriot Games"
- Plan that might include mutual funds, in brief
- With 34-Down, longtime public radio host
- Part of a financial portfolio, for short
- 401(k) relative
- Investment sometimes pronounced as a name
- Levin who wrote "A Kiss Before Dying"
- "___ Sleeps Over" (classic children's book)
- Savings for the golden years, for short
- Man's name that's the reverse of 117-Down
- Savings option, for short
- Flatow of NPR's "Science Friday"
- Belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement
- Taxes on the interest earned in the account are deferred
- Author Levin
- A Gershwin
- Nest egg, for short
- Keogh plan relative
- George's lyricist brother
- Certain savings, for short
- Retirement kitty, for short
- Brit. adversary
- It can be in C.D.'s
- Rhymester Gershwin
- Investment vehicle, for short
- Money for old age, for short
- Nest-egg initials
- Tax-deferred plan, for short
- Money put aside, for short
- "Cybill" character
- 401(k) alternative
- Lyricist Gershwin
- Gerry Adams's org.
- L.A. lawyer Reiner
- One of the Gershwins
- Belfast grp.
- Nest egg of sorts
- Grp. in peace accords
- Politico-military grp. in the news
- C.P.A.'s suggestion
- Where a pct. of one's income may go
- Subj. of a rollover
- 1994 cease-fire grp.
- Secretive org.
- Annual deposit: Abbr.
- Brother of 34-Across
- C.P.A. recommendation
- Stash for cash, briefly
- Keogh relative
- Provider of support, for short
- Nest-egg builder, briefly
- George's brother
- A C.P.A. might recommend one
- Roth ___
- Money for an A.A.R.P. member
- Grp. behind the 1998 Nobel Peace Prize
- Certain investment, for short
- "Г‡a ___" (French revolutionary song)
- Chemist Remsen, discoverer of saccharin
- Recipient of annual contributions
- 401(k)'s kin
- C.P.A. suggestion
- Onetime outlawed org.
- Bit of financial planning: Abbr.
- George Gershwin's brother
- Glass of public radio
- S. & L. offering
- Bit of financial planning, for short
- Tax form info: Abbr.
- $$$ for old age
- Portfolio part, in brief
- European nationalist org.
- Bank offering, briefly
- Golden-ager's nest egg, for short
- Pct. rate offerer
- Nest-egg builder, for short
- It may be money in the bank: Abbr.
- J. P. Morgan offering, for short
- Public radio's Glass
- Kind of contribution
- "Deathtrap" writer Levin
- Roth ___ (investment choice)
- Golden yrs. cache
- Playwright Levin
- Something to cash in: Abbr.
- Sen. Roth created one
- Money for old age: Abbr.
- "Patriot Games" grp.
- Lyrical Gershwin
- Plan for later yrs.
- Finan. planner's suggestion
- Part of a pension plan, briefly
- Belfast inits.
- Portfolio part, for short
- Bank offering, for short
- Part of a certain nest egg, briefly
- Investment option: Abbr.
- George's lyrical brother
- Nest-egg letters
- Grp. involved in "the Troubles"
- 401(k) alternative: Abbr.
- Military org. that had roots in the Easter Rising
- A Gershwin brother
- Bit of finan. planning
- "Patriot Games" villains: Abbr.
- Nest egg letters
- Public radio host Glass
- Savings option, briefly
- U.K. foe
- Nest-egg investment, briefly
- Tax deferral means: Abbr.
- Something that may be rolled over: Abbr.
- Form 1040 datum: Abbr.
- Recommendation from a C.P.A.
- Fund for old age: Abbr.
- Investment mgr.'s subject
- Something that may be rolled over, for short
- Tax-deferring instrument: Abbr.
The Collaborative International Dictionary
IRA \IRA\ n. The Irish Republican Army, a group in Ireland with the primary goal of promoting the unification of Ireland and the severing of the political bond of Northern Ireland with Great Britain, of mostly secret membership, with a militant wing sponsoring terrorist activities such as bombings and the killings of police, British soldiers, and Unionist sympathizers in Northern Ireland. [Acronym]
IRA \IRA\ n. (Finance) individual retirement account; -- a special type of savings account allowed by law to provide deferred taxation of the interest paid. [U.S., acronym]
Syn: individual retirement account.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
masc. proper name, from Hebrew, literally "watchful," from stem of 'ur "to awake, to rouse oneself."
Ira or IRA may denote:
IRA - Polish rock band formed in 1987 in Radom by Jakub Płucisz (guitar), Wojciech Owczarek (drums), Artur Gadowski (vocal, guitar), Dariusz Grudzień (bass) and Grzegorz Wawrzeńczuk (keyboards). They gained a wide popularity in Poland in the early nineties, mainly after releasing the "Mój Dom" album, with the hit title song, which was still during their garage and semi-professional days. They also gained some local popularity amongst the Polish-speaking citizens in the United States, where they lived and worked for few months. After signing a professional contract back in Poland, they released a few albums which didn't prove to be commercially successful (except for the "Mój Dom" follow-up, which was "IRA 1993"), and the band disbanded afterwards. Artur Gadowski started a solo career. He opened for Brian May before his show in Warsaw in September 1998. Artur's solo efforts weren't very successful either, and what success he did gain was largely based on the then legendary status of IRA.
A few years later the band reunited, and exists up to now. Once again, they have not attained much popularity, but are well-known amongst hard rock fans in Poland (though they play mainly pop-oriented hard rock), and their concerts are selling rather well.
The name "IRA" comes from a Latin word ira, meaning anger (this was the band founders' intention); however, it is possible that this could be mistaken for the acronym for Irish Republican Army.
Ira is a genus of moth in the family Geometridae.
Ira ( or ) is a male and female given name. In Hebrew, the name Ira (עִירָא, Standard Hebrew ʿIra, Tiberian Hebrew ʿÎrâ) means watchful.
In Sanskrit, Ira is the name of the wind-god who is father of the monkey god Hanuman. Ira is the daughter of Daksha who was married to the sage Kashyap. Ira is also another name for the goddess Sarasvati, and for Earth in Sanskrit.
In Russia and Finland, Ira is a female given name, which is the short form of the Greek name Eirene. Eirene was a Greek goddess that was the personification of peace, and the name itself means peace. Ira can be a nickname for Ireneo, Irenej, Ireneus, and Irinij.
Ira may refer to:
Usage examples of "ira".
And perhaps her rejection of love, her sublimation of desire, and her decision to view the life of her heart in terms of an emotional IRA, a long-term yuppie investment, choosing the security of what she could endure over the potentials of hopemaybe that was all of which she was capable.
Even the pharmacy is run by a man called Ira who knows everything about everybody and flips pills and salves and prescription printouts with the pizzazz of a cocktail waiter.
One such individual was Milwaukee private investigator Ira Robins, who spent years reinvestigating the Schultz murder.
The old guard of the IRA, well clear of Belfast and Newry and Derry, lauded their northern heroes.
She was grateful to him for perhaps hinting at the amantium irae, though she rejected the folly of the verse.
Elhanan the son of Dodo of Bethlehem, : Shammah the Harodite, Elika the Harodite, : Helez the Paltite, Ira the son of Ikkesh the Tekoite, : Abiezer the Anethothite, Mebunnai the Hushathite, : Zalmon the Ahohite, Maharai the Netophathite, : Heleb the son of Baanah, a Netophathite, Ittai the son of Ribai out of Gibeah of the children of Benjamin, : Benaiah the PIrathonite, Hiddai of the brooks of Gaash, : Abi-albon the Arbathite, Azmaveth the Barhumite, : Eliahba the Shaalbonite, of the sons of Jashen, Jonathan, : Shammah the Hararite, Ahiam the son of Sharar the Hararite, : Eliphelet the son of Ahasbai, the son of the Maachathite, Eliam the son of Ahithophel the Gilonite, : Hezrai the Carmelite, Paarai the Arbite, : Igal the son of Nathan of Zobah, Bani the Gadite, : Zelek the Ammonite, Naharai the Beerothite, armourbearer to Joab the son of Zeruiah, : Ira an Ithrite, Gareb an Ithrite, : Uriah the Hittite: thirty and seven in all.
Pero las bromas pronto cesaron cuando los demás guardias se dieron cuenta de que era preferible no provocar las iras de Conan ni sus poderosos puños como martillos, y a medida que su destreza como jinete y como arquero aumentó con la práctica.
Elha’nan the son of Dodo of Bethlehem, : Shammah of Harod, Eli’ka of Harod, : Helez the Paltite, Ira the son of Ikkesh of Teko’a, : Abi-e’zer, of An’athoth, Mebun’nai the Hu’shathite, : Zalmon the Aho’hite, Ma’harai of Netoph’ah, : Heleb the son of Ba’anah of Netoph’ah, It’tai the son of Ri’bai of Gib’e-ah of the Benjaminites, : Benai’ah of PIra’thon, Hid’dai of the brooks of Ga’ash, : Abi-al’bon the Ar’bathite, Az’maveth of Bahu’rim, : Eli’ahba of Sha-al’bon, the sons of Jashen, Jonathan, : Shammah the Har’arite, Ahi’am the son of Sharar the Har’arite, : Eliph’elet the son of Ahas’bai of Ma’acah, Eli’am the son of Ahith’ophel of Gilo, : Hezro of Carmel, Pa’arai the Arbite, : Igal the son of Nathan of Zobah, Bani the Gadite, : Zelek the Ammonite, Na’harai of Be-er’oth, the armor-bearer of Jo’ab the son of Zeru’iah, : Ira the Ithrite, Gareb the Ithrite, : Uri’ah the Hittite: thirty-seven in all.
Years earlier, one of the scientists based at Aldermaston had given a lecture to a group of intelligence officers in Ulster on the kinds of metals the IRA bombmakers favored for their devices.
The scenario was the same - it was a suspected IRA safe house and we were to help TOS plan a bugging operation.
In consequence she was able to warn me when Arabelle's busies grabbed Ira.
In consequence she was able to warn me when Arabelle’s busies grabbed Ira.
In the raw brain of an over excited workman politics find their way only in the shape of rough hewn, highly-colored imagery, such as is furnished by the Marseillaise, the Carmagnole, and the Ça ira.
Eierkopf, and Croaker -- even, half-wittingly, to Anastasia, and perversely to Ira Hector and Stoker himself: that apart from the question of whether the grounds of their Certifications were valid or the Certifier was authorized, I was not convinced that themselves quite measured up to those several standards after all.
Ten minutes later, he stopped beside a phone box, dialled the number of theBelfast Telegraph, asked for the news desk and claimed responsibility for the shooting of Hans Wolfgang Baum on behalf of the Provisional IRA.