INI can be an acronym or a word that may mean:
- INI file, a configuration file for computer applications
- Impact Nominal Index, a computer system to track and trace individuals during criminal investigations
- Isaac Newton Institute (INI)
- Instituto Nacional de Industria (INI), Spanish industrial development organization
- Inatsisartut Inissiaatileqatigiifik (INI), Greenland's public housing authority
- Instituto Nacional Indigenista (INI), Mexico's (defunct) government agency for indigenous people
- INI Steel, a group by Hyundai Motor Company
- Inspiration Network International, a Christian TV channel*
- Merhotepre Ini, pharaoh of the 13th Dynasty of Egypt during the Second Intermediate Period, c. 1675 BC.
- Mershepsesre Ini, pharaoh of the late 13th Dynasty of Egypt during the Second Intermediate Period, c. 1650 BC.
- Menkheperre Ini, a king of the 23rd Dynasty of Egypt ruling over Thebes, during the Third Intermediate Period in the 8th century BCE.
- INI, the IATA code of Niš Constantine the Great Airport in Serbia
- Ini, Iran (disambiguation), places in Iran
- Ini, Nigeria, an administrative division of Akwa Ibom State
- INI (hip hop group), a hip hop music group
- Ini Kamoze, a Reggae artist
- According to Rastafari philosophy, "I-N-I" a.k.a."I-and-I" is the personification of one who lives by Rastafari ideals, or specifically how one chooses to view himself or herself.
- Ini (Stephen King), a term for an inter-dimensional portal in two books by author Stephen King, Desperation and The Regulators
- Institute of National Importance (INI), a status that may be conferred to a higher education institution in India by an act of parliament.
Menkheperre Ini (or Iny Si-Ese Meryamun) was an Egyptian king reigning at Thebes during the 8th century BC following the last king of the 23rd dynasty, Rudamun.
InI (hip hop group)
InI was a hip hop group composed of Rob-O, Grap Luva, Ras G a.k.a. I Love H.I.M., Marco Polo, now known as Jolomite, and DJ Boodakhan.
The group started working on their debut album together with producer Pete Rock in the mid-90s, and signed a deal with Rock's new found imprint Soul Brother Records through Elektra. The record company eventually shelved the album, releasing only one 12" single in 1996. The track "Fakin' Jax", produced and featuring Pete Rock, became an underground hit. The album eventually became one of the most bootlegged album in hip-hop's history, but in 2003 it saw an official release it was included on Lost & Found: Hip Hop Underground Soul Classics, a double LP of Pete Rock's mid-1990s production work, originally canceled by Elektra Records. InI had actually called their debut album "InI - "The Life I Live", although the bootlegged name is contrary stating "Centre Of Attention", which is incorrect.
Although most people may think Grap Luva is the master of InI, it was actually Rob-O as he was the "brainchild" of the work. Rob was highly skilled, as a lyricist & vocalist. Despite the fact that Pete Rock is not an official member of the group, it is synonymous with his name, as he produced almost every track of Center of Attention, and Grap Luva is his younger brother. Rock also had verses on two songs (Fakin Jax & Worldwide) in the albums with additional ad-libs and background vocals on basically every track.
InI had released a demo-tape called "Krossroads", and "Concerned", grap describes this as their earlist tapes. Concerned appears to be called "For Your Own Concern" although it was actually called "Concerned" by the InI group. Grap's man from France was responsible for sharing concerned. "The beat is sick" - Grap, in the song they talk about safe sex; thus the title, to be concerned. The rhyme that rob-o had spit on "To each his own" was the rhyme he had spit on "Concerned". After Center of Attention got shelved the group members went their separate ways, while only two of them stayed on the music scene to pursue solo careers. Grap Luva released a few limited 12" singles in the new millennium and aspired to being his real interest in being a beat boy and producing. He appeared, and produced on various albums and singles from artists such as DJ Spinna, J-Live, Pete Rock, Lone Catalysts, Kev Brown and Marley Marl. Rob-O released many singles through an imprint called St. Nick Entertainment and in 2006 he came out with a debut album called "Rhyme Pro", a mix of the older 12" singles with a few new songs sprinkled throughout.
Ini (asomtavruli , nuskhuri , mkhedruli ი) is the 10th letter of the three Georgian scripts.
In the system of Georgian numerals it has a value of 10.
Ini commonly represents the close front unrounded vowel , like the pronunciation of in "machine", or the near-close near-front unrounded vowel , like the pronunciation of in "sin".