Crossword clues for hur
Hur or HUR may refer to:
- Hur (Korean name), a Korean family name, also spelled Heo
- Hur (Bible), the name of several people from the Bible; most notably one of Moses's companions at the battle of Rephidim
- Ḥūr or Houri (Arabic: ), in Islam, humans and jinn who enter paradise after being recreated anew in the hereafter
- Hur, Iran (disambiguation), places in Iran
- Hur, West Virginia, an unincorporated community in Calhoun County, West Virginia, United States
- Hurs (Arabic: , free), a Muslim Sufi order in Sindh, Pakistan
- Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine (Ukrainian: ), Ukraine's military intelligence branch
- Greater Copenhagen Authority (Danish: ), a regional development organisation for the Metropolitan Copenhagen area, Denmark
- Halkomelem language, a language of the First Nations peoples of southwestern British Columbia, Canada
- Handball Union of Russia (Russian: ), the national governing body of handball in Russia
- Human antigen R (HuR), also known as ELAVL1, an RNA binding protein
Hur was a companion of Moses and Aaron in the Hebrew Bible. He was a member of the Tribe of Judah. His identity remains sketchy in the Torah itself, but it is elaborated in rabbinical commentary.
Other individuals named Hur are also mentioned in the Bible.
Usage examples of "hur".
Sir, you nose very well that evere persun must luk furst at ome, and sartenly such anuther offar mite not have ever hapned, so as I shud ave bin justly to blam, had I not excepted of it when her lashipp was so veri kind as to offar to mak mee hur one uman without mi ever askin any such thing, to be sur shee is won of thee best ladis in thee wurld, and pepil who sase to the kontrari must bee veri wiket pepil in thare harts.
The Prime Minister was none of these things, but he had gotten on well with Talman and he hoped for the same relationship with Hur.
There, on the dun, wet sands, beyond the foamy tongues of the surf, would lie the worn and curious driftage of alien shores, and trove that hur ricanes had cast up from unsounded deeps.
There, on the dun, wet sands, beyond the foamy tongues of the surf, would lie the worn and curious driftage of alien shores, and trove that hur- ricanes had cast up from unsounded deeps.
Old ladies and old gents piling out of Myron's in their mothball furs and green tuxedos, smelling of Ben Hur perfume and nickel panatelas, glad they didn't break a leg on the dance floor, bald heads sweating, mascara running, and the fox furs starting to spoil?
It will be remembered, doubtless, that the faithful creature, the morning the calamity overtook the Hurs, broke from the guard and ran back into the palace, where, along with other chattels, she had been sealed up.