HQ is an abbreviation headquarters.
HQ may also refer to:
- Chase H.Q., an arcade racing game
- Geely HQ (Haoqing), a car
- Hagströmer & Qviberg, a Swedish investment bank
- Holy Quran, honorific title
- Harley Quinn, a DC Comics character and enemy of Batman
- Harmony Airways, IATA airline designator
- HAVE QUICK, a frequency-hopping system used to protect military UHF radio traffic
- Headquarters (HQ), the extension and/or administrative element of a military command unit
- HeroQuest, a board game
- HeroQuest (role-playing game)
- Hero's Quest, a computer game
- Home Quarters Warehouse, a defunct retail chain
- Honored Queen, an honorific for members of Job's Daughters International
- Howland Island (FIPS PUB 10-4 territory code)
- HQ (album), a 1975 album by Roy Harper
- Hydro-Québec, an electrical power utility of Québec, Canada
- Hydroquinone, a polymerization inhibitor
- Twickenham Stadium, a rugby union stadium in London often called "HQ" by British media because it houses the headquarters of the Rugby Football Union, the sport's governing body in England, United Kingdom
- Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium (IATA airline code)
HQ is the eighth studio album by English folk / rock singer-songwriter and guitarist Roy Harper. It was first released in 1975 by Harvest Records. In the United States the album was released under the title When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease, which is also the name of the LP's most popularly known track.
The Collaborative International Dictionary
HQ \HQ\ n. [acronym] Headquarters, the place from which a commander performs the functions of command.
Syn: headquarters, military headquarters.
Usage examples of "hq".
There was precious little privacy there in the huge, cavernlike area that served as Peacekeeper HQ, and it was embarrassing getting chewed out in public.
A team of cryptographers, assembled at Navcomms HQ, soon worked out the counting system, which turned out to be based on twelve digits rather than ten and employed a positional notation with the least significant digit to the left.
But Lexie Anders appeared this morning at the gates of the HQ, out of uniform, without her identity cards.
If Lexie Anders had been, at one moment, in a plane about to crash in the frozen wastelands surrounding the Wall Around the World, and in the next moment, was outside the Spaceport gates of Thendara HQ, the emotional shock alone could have reduced her to this condition.
His home was in an LCC block of flats in the Covent Garden area and when this, itself, was eventually demolished by the Luftwaffe, he and his family had moved into the basement of a school that was being used as a Civil Defence HQ.
The Bridge maintained homelike quarters for Darkovan women, mostly Renunciates, required by their work to live in the Terran HQ.
HQ, past the heavier door to the tiled lattice of hallways to the squash and racquetball courts and one volleyball court and the airy corpus callosum of 24 high-ceiling tennis courts endowed by an M.
It was simply an extension of the giant computors and logic and memory units that were the heart of HQ.
As a youth, Adorno had had a dream of establishing his own Conceptualist chapter in London's Earl's Court, marshaling his men with invisible dexterity, submitting his own projects to Conceptualist HQ, attracting the attention of the team's most hardened operatives, rising within the organization as an indispensable executive figure, being at last petitioned to mastermind all future Gestures.
The remains of Jimmy de Soto are on a sealed disc with red DATA CONTAMINANT decals somewhere in a basement at Envoy Corps HQ.
Miles wondered if anyone had noticed yet that Weddell didn't have nearly enough chelation solution to check every air filter in ImpSec HQ.
Chiang Chien-su had a screen all to himself as he waited tensely in his civil defense HQ, and Hatcher could see the control room of PDC Huan Ti behind Tsien.
There, there Ships, tanks, APCs - the chemical platoons, because Ossipov had got it right in time and the computer programme for the use of the VX gas on each of the target areas had been transmitted to GSFN HQ.
In the Real World, Jay sat in his office at Net Force HQ, part of the almost four-hundred-acre FBI compound at Quantico, plugged into full wirelessware haptics, including top-of-the-line optics, otics, reekers, droolers, and the brand-new version of spray-on WeatherMesh, which could be set and controlled by your computer to plus-or- minus one degree Fahrenheit, and none of the Madrid afternoon was the least bit real.
Now, with the hope that Dilworth would lead them to the Cornells, Lem reopened the cramped field HQ, plugged in the phones, and waited for developments.