Hopen is an island in the southeastern part of the Svalbard archipelago ( Norway). Hopen was discovered in 1613, probably by Thomas Marmaduke of Hull, who named it after his former command, the Hopewell.
The Norwegian Meteorological Institute operates a manned weather station on the island with a staff of four persons. For the welfare of the crew, there are three cabins available on the island for their use.
During World War II, the Luftwaffe placed a meteorological team there under cover of Operation Sizilien.
Hopen or Höpen may refer to:
- Hopen (Svalbard), an island
- Hopen, Møre og Romsdal, a village in Smøla Municipality, Norway
- Hopen, Nordland, a village in Vågan municipality, Norway
- Hopen Church, in Hopen, Møre og Romsdal, Norway
- Hopen Radio, a radio station in Svalbard, Norway
- Höpen Airfield, near Schneverdingen, Germany