HLN (TV network)
HLN (formerly Headline News) is an American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by the Turner Broadcasting System division of Time Warner. The channel is a spin-off of the U.S. Cable News Network.
The channel was originally structured to feature a tightly formatted, 30-minute newscast that was rebroadcast each half-hour, 24 hours a day, with freshly updated information that briefly covered various areas of interest (such as national news, sports, entertainment, weather and business). Since 2005, however, its format has increasingly shifted to long-form tabloid-, opinion-, crime-, and entertainment news-related programming. In 2014, the network further re-focused with an emphasis on social media.
As of July 2015, HLN is available to approximately 97 million American households (83.4% of households with at least one television set) in the United States making it the most distributed American cable network. Since the mid-2000s, HLN has been available internationally on cable and satellite in parts of Asia, the Caribbean, South America, Middle East and North Africa
HLN may refer to:
- HLN (TV channel), an American news network
- Harlington railway station, in England
- Helena Regional Airport, in Montana, United States
- Het Laatste Nieuws ("The Latest News"), a Belgian Dutch-language newspaper
- Hlavní nádraží (disambiguation)
- Horizon League Network
- Hikami-Larkin-Nagaoka equation, describing weak localization