Hadleigh (TV series)
Hadleigh was a British television series made by Yorkshire Television which originally ran from 1969 to 1976. Developed by Robert Barr, it was a sequel to the writer's earlier Gazette (1968) for the same company. The theme music was composed by Alan Moorhouse and, from series 3, Tony Hatch.
James Hadleigh played by Gerald Harper, was "the perfect squire, paternalistically careful of his tenantry's welfare, beloved in the village, respected in the council." A "knight in a shining white Aston Martin V8 (actually a Monteverdi 375L), he sets about correcting local injustices." His wife, from a suburban middle-class background, was played by Hilary Dwyer. The series attracted around 17 million viewers at its peak.
Hadleigh may refer to:
Hadleigh, Suffolk, a town in Suffolk
- Hadleigh Railway, a seven and a half mile long single-track railway branch-line from Bentley to Hadleigh, Suffolk (now closed)
- Hadleigh High School, a high school in Hadleigh, Suffolk
- Hadleigh railway station, a railway station in Hadleigh, Suffolk
- Hadleigh United F.C., a football club in Hadleigh, Suffolk
Hadleigh, Essex, a town in Essex
- Hadleigh Bus Depot, one of the depots used by First Essex
- Hadleigh Castle, a castle near Hadleigh, Essex
- Hadleigh (TV series), a British television series made by Yorkshire Television
- Boze Hadleigh, an American journalist who writes of celebrity gossip and entertainment
- HMS Hadleigh Castle (K355), a Castle-class corvette of Britain's Royal Navy
- Hadleigh Heath, a hamlet near Hadleigh, Suffolk