Gai may refer to:
- Gai, Armenia, a village in the Armavir Province of Armenia
- Gai, Austria, a town in the district of Leoben in Styria
- Gai Assulin, a football player currently playing for Manchester City
- Oleksiy Gai, a football player currently playing for Shaktar Donetsk
- Kamen Rider Gai, a character from Kamen Rider Ryuki
- Maito Gai, a character from Naruto
- Gai Waterhouse, an Australian horse trainer and businesswoman
- Gayk Bzhishkyan, an Armenian Bolshevik (also known as Guy Dmitrievich Guy, Gai Dmitrievich Gai, Gaya Gai, or Hayk Bzhishkyan)
GAI may be an acronym for:
- GAI, Gaza Action Ireland is a solidarity group that organises civil-society contacts between Ireland and Palestinians in the Gaza strip.
- GAI, the Russian traffic police
- GAI, Gay American Indians
- GAI (Arabidopsis thaliana gene)
- Grams of active ingredient, a unit used when applying mixtures such as pesticides
- Guided Affective Imagery, a type of psychotherapy
- General Ability Index, a standalone component of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale.
GAI (Arabidopsis thaliana gene)
Similar to a putative transcription factor and transcriptional coactivators. Repressor of GA responses and involved in gibberellic acid mediated signaling. Member of the DELLA proteins that restrain the cell proliferation and expansion that drives plant growth. The protein undergoes degradation in response to GA via 26S proteasome.
Usage examples of "gai".
Yatol Tohen Bardoh captured half gai with fewer warriors than Grysh had at his disposal, and that was the open plains, not huddled behind a fortified city wall!
Michael lay not with a sword, but with the gaita gallega held to his chest.