Crossword clues for eta
- Greek "H"
- Letter from Greece
- Kennedy posting: Abbr.
- Third letter after delta
- Flier's concern, for short
- Seventh letter
- H, in Hellas
- Athenian vowel
- Second letter before iota
- Letter from abroad
- Theta's preceder
- Second letter after epsilon
- LAX posting, for short
- H, to Homer
- When a plane should get in: Abbr.
- Info at SFO
- Pilot's info, briefly
- Touchdown info
- Pilot's prediction: Abbr.
- Captain's announcement, for short
- When the pilot is due in, for short
- ___ Kappa Nu (honor society)
- Seventh in a series of 24
- Seventh-brightest star in a constellation
- J.F.K. board info
- Plane's landing stat
- H look-alike
- ___ Carinae (hypergiant star)
- Announcement to passengers, for short
- Flight projection, briefly
- Cockpit guess, for short
- Flight info
- Announcement from a cockpit, for short
- US Airways datum: Abbr.
- Letter after Z
- Gate guess: Abbr.
- When a flight is due in: Abbr.
- When to get to the airport to pick someone up: Abbr.
- ___ Pi (dessert lover's fraternity?)
- Flight attendant's announcement, for short
- ___ particle (electrically neutral meson)
- When a plane or train is due, for short
- When a plane is due in, for short
- Info from the cockpit, for short
- Gate projection, for short
- Hellenic character
- Z follower
- Pilot's datum: Abbr.
- H as in Hera
- Touchdown stat
- Subj. of a pilot's announcement
- Pilot's approximation, for short
- Letter from Homer?
- When to get in, briefly
- Touchdown letters
- Seventh chapter
- What a clock checker might want to know, in brief
- It might be announced over a P.A.
- Letter that's an anagram of 111-Down
- Determinant of when to do an airport run, for short
- Flight board posting, for short
- Listing that can change based on the weather, for short
- LAX monitor info
- Announcement over a plane's P.A.
- Letter that's an anagram of 16-Across
- Fraternity character
- Letter that rhymes with three other letters
- Amtrak listing, for short
- Docking info
- H of antiquity
- Symbol of elasticity, in economics
- Gate posting, for short
- Landing info, briefly
- Attic character
- H as in Heracles
- Info for an airport greeter
- Projection in the air, for short
- Info for air traffic control
- When a plane is due, for short
- H, as in "Hellenic"
- Info for a limo driver
- Chapter seven?
- Info for an airport car service, briefly
- Letter between two others that rhyme with it
- Campus letter
- Info for an airport greeter, for short
- Air ticket info
- Delta calculation, briefly
- Moment to come, briefly
- Some stammering
- Hellenic "H"
- When a flight is due in, for short
- Part of a flight plan, for short
- Due-in info
- You may give it when you are running late for a meeting, informally
- Info for an airport run
- What fog might delay, for short
- Pilot's in-flight announcement, for short
- It resembles an "n" when lowercase
- Letter that rhymes with 34-Across and 21-Down
- H, on a fraternity house
- GPS calculation
- Amtrak guess, for short
- Gate info
- Expected hr. at the airport
- Adding a "z" to its front forms its preceder
- Sched. figure
- Airline app datum, for short
- ___ Kappa Nu, engineering honor society
- Airport pickup driver's info
- Control tower projection, for short
- Fig. in a pilot's announcement
- Supposed end of a flight, for short
- Letter at the end of three other letters
- Letter between zeta and theta
- Ticket info
- Seventh of 24
- LAX listing
- Airport posting, for short
- Uber calculation, briefly
- The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet
- Capt.'s prediction
- Flight info, briefly
- It's after zeta
- Sorority letter
- J.F.K. info
- Letter in a fraternity name
- Theta preceder
- Touchdown abbr.
- LAX posting
- Correlation ratio symbol in statistics
- Due point: Abbr.
- Seventh Greek letter
- Flight abbr.
- Hellenic H
- It's two after epsilon
- Sorority character
- Greek vowel
- LAX letters
- Announcement at LAX
- Fraternity letter
- Pilot's announcement, for short
- Greek letter
- LAX abbr.
- LAX datum
- Greek H
- H, to Greeks
- In-flight P.A. announcement
- The "H" in Hellenic
- Airport monitor abbr.
- Schedule abbr.
- Zeta's follower
- H, to a Greek
- Pilot's info, for short
- Schedule letters
- Train sta. announcement
- J.F.K. listing
- J.F.K. guess
- LAX info
- Hellenic vowel
- Sked guess
- Seventh in a series
- Traveler's info, for short
- Airport info, informally
- Airport sched. abbr.
- Plane capt.'s announcement
- Touchdown point?: Abbr.
- Station letters
- Part of a pilot's plan: Abbr.
- Certain fraternity chapter
- KLM announcement
- Airport approximation
- Pilot's projection: Abbr.
- Guesstimate letters
- Efficiency symbol, in physics
- LAX guesstimate
- Sixth after alpha
- Airport abbr.
- Pilot's announcement, briefly
- J.F.K. posting
- Pilot's guess: Abbr.
- Itinerary abbr.
- Sched. letters
- Airport posting: Abbr.
- Pilot's update, for short
- Posting at SFO or LAX
- O'Hare posting: Abbr.
- Part of a U.S.A.F. schedule
- In-flight info, for short
- In-flight announcement, for short
- Athenian H
- Letter from Corinth
- Letter of a chapter?
- Passenger's concern, in brief
- Hippocrates' H
- Heathrow fig.
- Flight board abbr.
- Viscosity symbol
- Pilot's prediction, for short
- Washington, to Lafayette
- Letter after zeta
- Airplane announcement, for short
- Control tower news: Abbr.
- SAS announcement
- Passenger's info, maybe
- Landing info: Abbr.
- J.F.K. abbr.
- Seventh chapter of a fraternity
- 9:15, say, at J.F.K.
- In-flight announcement, briefly
- U.S. Airways info
- It's H-shaped
- Announcement to passengers
- Terminal info
- O'Hare monitor abbr.
- H, to Herodotus
- SAS listing: Abbr.
- Terminal info: Abbr.
- Station info: Abbr.
- Passengers' datum, briefly
- When a plane is due in: Abbr.
- Posting at O'Hare: Abbr.
- Airport inits.
- Flight info, for short
- Airline Web site stat.
- Airport flight info: Abbr.
- Third after delta
- Capt.'s guess
- In-flight info: Abbr.
- H, in Greece
- Announcement at Penn Sta.
- Fraternity chapter
- Lesser star designation in a constellation
- Announcement over the P.A.
- Zeta follower
- J.F.K. posting, for short
- I ___ Pi (playful fraternity name)
- In-flight info
- В В Traveler's request: Abbr.
- Airport info: Abbr.
- LAX stat.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
Greek letter, originally the name of the aspirate, from Phoenician heth.
Etymology 1 n. 1 The seventh letter of the Modern Greek alphabet, the eighth in Old Greek. 2 (context particle English) A kind of electrically neutral meson having zero spin and isospin. Etymology 2
n. A social outcast in Japan who is subjected to menial work, making up a class or caste of such people.
Eta (uppercase , lowercase ; or ) is the seventh letter of the Greek alphabet. Originally denoting a consonant /h/, its sound value in the classical Attic dialect of Ancient Greek was a long vowel , raised to in hellenistic Greek, a process known as iotacism.
In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 8. It was derived from the Phoenician letter heth . Letters that arose from eta include the Latin H and the Cyrillic letter И.
ETA (, ), an acronym for Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (; "Basque Country and Freedom") is an armed Basque nationalist and separatist organization in northern Spain and southwestern France. The group was founded in 1959 and later evolved from a group promoting traditional Basque culture to a paramilitary group engaged in a violent campaign of bombing, assassinations and kidnappings in the Spanish Basque country and throughout Spanish territory. Its goal was gaining independence for the Greater Basque Country. ETA is the main group within the Basque National Liberation Movement and is the most important participant in the Basque conflict.
Since 1968, ETA has been held responsible for killing 829 people, injuring thousands and undertaking dozens of kidnappings. The group is proscribed as a terrorist group by Spain, the United Kingdom, France, the United States, and the European Union. This convention is followed by a plurality of domestic and international media, which also refer to the group as "terrorists". There are more than 400 imprisoned members of the group in Spain, France, and other countries.
ETA declared ceasefires in 1989, 1996, 1998 and 2006, and subsequently broke them. On 5 September 2010, ETA declared a new ceasefire that is still in force, and on 20 October 2011, ETA announced a "definitive cessation of its armed activity". On 24 November 2012, it was reported that the group was ready to negotiate a "definitive end" to its operations and disband completely.
ETA's motto is ("Keep up on both"), referring to the two figures in its symbol, a snake (representing politics) wrapped around an axe (representing armed struggle).
Eta (Η, η) is the seventh letter of the Greek alphabet.
Eta or ETA or eTA may also refer to:
Eta is a feminine given name. Notable people with the name include:
- Eta Boeriu, Romanian writer
- Eta Cohen, English violinist
- Eta Linnemann, German theologian
- Eta Tyrmand, Belarusian composer
Usage examples of "eta".
Neither is aware that I, in my capacity as an alumna and a chapter sponsor, had to stop Jean Hall from threatening everything dear to Kappa ThEta Eta.
For all I know, she could be a contemporary Mata Han with a secret agenda that forebodes ill for the future Kappa ThEta Eta alumnae pool.
The active Kappa Theta Etas, the alumnae, the missing one, and even the deceased one qualified for some role in the muddlesome puzzle.
This is a much neater place than the last, but the people look stupid and apathetic, and I wonder what they think of the men who have abolished the daimiyo and the feudal regime, have raised the eta to citizenship, and are hurrying the empire forward on the tracks of western civilisation!
CRYSTAL SPIRIT, the Facers plan to launch their own expedition to a habitable extra solar planet called Yggdrasil, which circles Eta Cassiopeia, some twenty light years from our Sun.
Dugan yelled that there were some Marine F-4s from Danang inbound with an ETA of ten minutes.
Sitting near him in the cafeteria was a Pipe-Rilla astronomer, about to leave Barchan en route to the Eta Cass ring system.
Then, from another box, Eta produced another necklace, one with cheap glass beads, and another with simple, small wooden beads.
Jaime made his way out of the city, and two days later when he reached Bilbao, he joined ETA.
And it was galling to the priest that young Basque cavers, boys who should have chosen their idols from the ranks of the priesthood, told stories of his spelunking exploits and of the time he had crossed with Le Cagot into Spain and broken into a military prison in Bilbao to release ETA prisoners.
Beyond this, there exists on Gor a variety of brands for women, though the Kajira brand, which Eta wore, is by far the most common.
I had seen few collars on Gor, but I had learned from Eta that there was great variety among them.
She had risen swiftly in favor among the masters, displacing even Eta as favorite girl.
Maggie tried to placate him by saying that the ETA Basques were all the way over on the other side of Spain.
If I ruled out Jean and Pippa, I was left with Rebecca, Debbie Anne, and the other sixty or so Kappa Theta Etas who had access to what I envisioned as boxes and boxes of pink construction-paper cats.