The Collaborative International Dictionary
Dop \Dop\, n.
A dip; a low courtesy. [Obs.]
Dop \Dop\, v. i. [Cf. Dap, Dip.]
To dip. [Obs.]
Dop \Dop\, Doop \Doop\, n. A little copper cup in which a diamond is held while being cut.
n. 1 (context South Africa slang English). A drink. 2 (context South Africa slang English) An imprecise measure of alcohol; a dash. 3 (context obsolete English) A dip; a low courtesy. 4 A little copper cup in which a diamond is held while being cut. vb. 1 (context South Africa slang English) To fail or to plug (an examination, standard or grade) 2 (context South Africa slang English) To drink alcohol. 3 To dip.
DOP may stand for:
- Data-oriented parsing
- Declaration of Principles, an agreement between Israel and Palestine, also known as the Oslo Accords
- Degree of parallelism
- Degree of polarization
- Denominazione di Origine Protetta, the Italian equivalent of protected designation of origin
- Dermo-optical perception
- Dilution of precision (GPS), a term used in geomatics engineering to describe the geometric strength of satellite configuration
- Diocese of Parañaque
- Dioctyl phthalate, alternate name of Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate, a PVC plasticizer
- Director of photography, alternate name for cinematographer
- Discrete oriented polytope or polyhedron in computer graphics
- Dominican peso, ISO 4217 currency code
- dOP (music), an electronic music group
dOP is a French trio widely known for their distinctive take on electronic music. Since their inception, they have been a prominent figure in the electronic music landscape, securing a spot on Resident Advisor's Top Live Acts for 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Usage examples of "dop".
Keroseners are pudding up egstra dop rails to dot wool-pen deh haf ben pilding since deh took Pop Prownlee and deh Rantolphs into gamp.
When the opposing team laid down smashes at his feet, he saved them from dopping dead with backhand shots.
She found the clip on the first worktable with a set of dop sticks and began taming her hair.
She worked from an At-a-Glance leather-bound diary and made her appointed rounds in a quick, efficient, practiced manner, buying faded jeans for Gwynne, a leather dop kit for Brendan, Nike diving watches for Meredith and Brigid.
Just before he turned out his light, he went into his bathroom and took from his DOP kit a stainless-steel shaving mirror, Marine Corps issue.
Once, as he was about to set out across the open ground, he heard drunken laughter and snatches of singing as a party of soldiers from the castle returned from an evening of debauchery among the rude hovels on the waterfront, which passed as taverns in this remote station, selling the rough raw spirit the Hottentots called dop.