Crossword clues for del
- Artist ___ Sarto
- Pa. neighbor
- Mozart's "L'Oca ___ Cairo"
- Country-and-western singer Reeves
- Pisa preposition
- Costa ___ Sol
- Playa ___ Rey, Calif.
- Actor Benicio ___ Toro
- Actress Dolores ___ Rio
- State with only three counties: Abbr.
- One of the original 13: Abbr.
- Tierra ___ Fuego
- ___ Rio, Tex.
- ___ Sarto (Italian painter)
- First State: Abbr.
- State with the fewest counties (three): Abbr.
- First to be admitted?: Abbr.
- Painter Andrea ___ Sarto
- The First State: Abbr.
- Home state for 86-Across: Abbr.
- East Coast state: Abbr.
- Singer Lana ___ Rey
- Joe Biden's state: Abbr.
- Corona ___ Mar, Calif.
- Sen. Biden represented it: Abbr.
- ___ Norte County, Cal.
- Joe Biden's home: Abbr.
- ___ Taco (fast-food chain)
- Director Guillermo ___ Toro
- ___ Mar (California racetrack)
- N.J. neighbor
- _____ Rio, Tex.
- Second smallest state: Abbr.
- "Runaway" singer Shannon
- One of the 13 orig. colonies
- State on the Atl.
- ViГ±a ___ Mar, Chile
- Dover's state: Abbr.
- One of the 13 colonies: Abbr.
- "Caroline in the City" character
- Sci-fi's Lester ___ Rey
- One of the orig. 13
- Singer Shannon
- Tierra-Fuego bridge
- Sci-fi author Lester ___ Rey
- "Macarena" singers Los ___ Rio
- "Runaway" singer ___ Shannon
- "L'Oca ___ Cairo" (Mozart opera)
- The first of 13: Abbr.
- Oscar winner Benicio ___ Toro
- Painter Andrea ___ Castagno
- Chesapeake Canal locale: Abbr.
- State with just three counties: Abbr.
- ViГ±a ___ Mar
- State on a bay: Abbr.
- Neighbor of Md.
- Atl. Coast state
- Wilmington's state: Abbr.
- First of 50: Abbr.
The Collaborative International Dictionary
del \del\ n. (Math.) a differential operator which, operating on a function of several variables, gives the sum of the partial derivatives of the function with respect to the three orthogonal spatial coordinates; -- also called the gradient or grad. It is represented by an inverted Greek capital delta ([nabla]), and is thus because of its shape also called nabla, meaning harp in Hebrew.
n. (abbreviation of Delete key of a computer keyboard that deletes text, files, etc. English) n. (context British English) A diminutive of the male given name '''Derek'''.
Del or DEL may refer to:
- Alire Raffeneau Delile
- Del, vector differential operator represented by the symbol ∇ (nabla)
- Del, one of several names for the partial derivative symbol, ∂
- Del Thompson (born 1958), American football player
- Del, Iran, a village in West Azerbaijan Province, Iran
- Del Boy, fictional lead character in the BBC comedy Only Fools and Horses
- Del tha Funkee Homosapien, American hip hop artist
- Del Vaughn, CBS News correspondent
- Delaware, a U.S. state
- Delaware languages of Native Americans in the Delaware area (ISO code del)
- Delphinus (constellation)
- Department for Employment and Learning, part of the Northern Ireland government
- Deutsche Eishockey Liga, the premier ice hockey league in Germany
- DEL2, the second tier of ice hockey in Germany, below the Deutsche Eishockey Liga
- DNA Encoded Chemical Library, a technology for the synthesis and screening of collections of chemical compounds
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi, India (IATA code DEL)
- Data-Entry Language, predecessor of the Lua programming language
- Del (command), a DOS, OS/2, and Microsoft Windows shell command
, HTML tags used to mark text for deletion
- Delete character, also known as rubout
- Delete key, abbreviated Del on computer keyboards
In computing, del (or erase) is a command in all DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows command line interpreters ( shells) such as [[COMMAND.COM]], [[cmd.exe]], 4DOS, NDOS, 4OS2, 4NT and Windows PowerShell. It is used to delete one or more files or directories from a filesystem. It is analogous to the Unix [[rm (Unix)|rm]] command. RT-11, RSX-11 and OpenVMS also provide the delete command which can be contracted to del.
In Windows PowerShell, del and erase are a predefined command aliases for the Remove-Item cmdlet which basically serves the same purpose.
While DR-DOS supports del and erase as well, it also supports the shorthand form era, which derived from CP/M. In addition to this, the DR-DOS command processor also supports delq/eraq. These are shorthand forms for the del/era/erase command with an assumed /Q parameter (for 'Query') given as well.
The del command can be extremely dangerous, as it removes files in an unabridged way. The command can be used to bypass Windows Resource Protection's policies, and the only restriction of file deletion is ownership. Because of this, this makes the del command malware if used to delete critical system files such as C:\windows\system32.
Usage examples of "del".
Don Guillermo ibn Mahmood de Vargas y Sanchez del Rio of a glowering, stone-sheathed fortress abristle with guns.
Completely unaware, of course, he was bringing into reality all of the nightmares of Don Guillermo ibn Mahmood de Vargas y Sanchez del Rio of a glowering, stone-sheathed fortress abristle with guns.
There were his irrigation boots and a spade for cutting water out of the Acequia del Monte into his back field, or into his apple and plum trees, or into his garden.
Lawson chewed a piece of adobo and washed this down with a swig of the vaguely bitter Cruz del Campo beer.
Goya elected to adorn the dining room of his house, the Quinta del Sordo.
I began by showing him that Leticia Nazareno owed us for an amount of taffeta twice the nautical distance to Santa Maria del Altar, that is, one hundred ninety leagues, and he said aha as if to himself, and I ended up by showing him that the total debt with the special discount for your excellency was equal to six times the grand prize in the lottery for ten years, and he said aha again and only then did he look at me directly without his glasses and I could see that his eyes were timid and indulgent, and only then did he tell me with a strange voice of harmony that our reasons were clear and just, to each his own, he said, have them send the bill to the government.
On rare occasions one or other of us had sight of the Cavaliere Aquamorta, who maintained the same magnificence at the Albergo del Sole, and was reputed to be making large sums with his faro-bank.
When I came to look at my third basket, judge my dismay to find that it was addressed to the Cavaliere Aquamorta, at the Albergo del Sole.
Ver a ese viejo amigo del Abasto y clausurarme una semana entera en mi pieza, fue todo uno.
Giunsi finalmente al termine, non del sotterraneo ma del mio filo e con mio dispiacere riscontrai che non avevo nella mia impresa scoperto altro che la terribile solitudine che mi stava ancora davanti.
La povera, la derelitta Camilla inconscia ancora della perdita del suo Silvio e coi segni in volto delle passate sventure, aiutava macchinalmente le tre pietose.
Le altre donne seguirebbero la marcia e per ultimi i nostri amici con quanti restavano ancora dei difensori del lanificio.
Dicono alcuni, che prima ancora staua riuoltata al Popolo, e che accommodata, non accorgendosi del miracolo in detto giorno, poi lo diede a conoscere.
Let the Church follow the precedent which finally gave us Fra Angelico, Botticelli, Andrea del Sarto, Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Michelangelo, Correggio, Titian, Paul Veronese, Tintoretto, and the rest.
The evidence of a vile murder disappeared into the French countryside, and its perpetrator, Cardinal Jean-Francois Blasi, now held the key to the secrets of the Council of the Apocrypha and consequently, their two closely-guarded monasteries: des Gardiens and del Cancello.