Dayau or Compassion is a fundamental teaching of the Sikh religion and teachings can be found on DAYA. The other four qualities in the arsenal are: Truth ( Sat), Contentment ( Santokh), Humility ( Nimrata) and Love ( Pyaar). These five qualities are essential to a Sikh and it is their duty to meditate and recite the Gurbani so that these virtues become a part of their mind.
The importance of Daya can be seen from the following Shabads from Guru Granth Sahib:
This concept says to not ignore tragedies that take place in the world but to face them head-on and do whatever is possible within one's means. As a Sikh you must feel the pain and suffering of other people involved in any tragedy.
Daya is a 1998 Malayalam period film written by M. T. Vasudevan Nair, directed by Venu, and starring Manju Warrier in the lead role. The storyline of the film is adapted from One Thousand and One Nights. Vishal Bhardwaj scored the music of the film. It was the directorial debut of cinematographer Venu. He won the awards for best debut director at the National Film Awards and Kerala State Film Awards.
Daya may refer to:
- Daya, a term related to Sikh religion
- Dayā, a term for compassion in Hinduism (Sanskrit: दया)
- Daya Bay, a bay located east of Hong Kong
- Daya District, a district in Taichung, Republic of China
- Daya River, a river in Orissa, India
- Daya (singer), an American singer-songwriter
- Daya (Senior Inspector), a character of C.I.D.
- Daya, Zanzibar, a village in Zanzibar
- Daya (film), a 1998 Malayalam film
- Dhaya (film), a 2002 Tamil film
- Daya Vaidya, an actress
- Daya Vieja, a municipality in Spain
Grace Martine Tandon (born October 24, 1998), professionally known as Daya (pronounced ), is an American singer and songwriter from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She is signed to Artbeatz, Z Entertainment, and RED Distribution, and released her self-titled debut extended play (EP), Daya, on September 4, 2015, which includes the song " Hide Away", which has peaked at number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Daya is the debut extended play (EP) by American singer Daya. It was released on September 4, 2015, through Artbeatz, Z Entertainment, and RED Distribution. The EP was made available to stream one day before its release on Billboard. A physical version of the EP was released exclusively to Target on October 30, 2015.