abbr. (context board games role-playing games English) A die#Noun with twelve sides. alt. (context board games role-playing games French) #English
D12, an initialism for The Dirty Dozen, is an American hip hop group from Detroit, Michigan. D12 has had chart-topping albums in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. D12 was formed in 1996, and achieved mainstream success after Eminem rose to international fame. D12 released the album Devil's Night in 2001 and D12 World in 2004, spawning numerous hits such as " Fight Music", " Purple Pills", " My Band", " How Come" and " Shit on You" throughout that period. Since 2006, Eminem's hiatus and the death of the member Proof resulted in them being less active in subsequent years.
D12 is an American hip-hop group originating from Detroit, Michigan.
D12 may also refer to:
In military transport:
- ARA Heroína (D-12), a 1983 Argentine Navy MEKO 360H2 series destroyer
- Albatros D.XII, a 1918 German single-seat fighter biplane
- Pfalz D.XII, a 1918 German fighter aircraft
- HMS Striker (D12), a 1942 British converted aircraft carrier
- D-12 Almirante Clemente, a Venezuelan Navy Almirante Clemente class destroyer
- D-12 armoured car, a Soviet military vehicle of the early 1930s
- Dewoitine D.12, a French Dewoitine aircraft
In civilian transport:
- Spyker D12, a luxury vehicle made by Dutch car company Spyker
- Bavarian D XII, an 1897 German steam locomotive model
- Curtiss D-12, a 1923 aircraft engine
- PRR D12, an American PRR 4-4-0 type steam locomotive
- GS&WR Class D12, a Great Southern and Western Railway Irish steam locomotive
In other uses:
- a nickname for DirecTV-12, a DirecTV satellite
- D12, part of the Allis-Chalmers D Series of tractors
- a nickname for NBA All-Star Dwight Howard, whose jersey number is 12
- d12, a twelve-sided polyhedral die used in many games
- Dublin 12, a Dublin, Ireland postal district
- Familial adenomatous polyposis ICD-10 code
- D12 Diamond Nurturing System (aka Twowings Nurturing System), a comprehensive Protestant church discipleship/growth program
- Acronym for Double 12, mean two tanks with 12 liter in Scuba diving
- D12, the eldest eaglet from the 2012 clutch of the Decorah Bald Eagles
Usage examples of "d12".
He watched D12 for hours, trying to distract himself with the supposedly thrilling knowledge that those clear eyes, that smooth skin, those taut muscles, would soon be his.
He acknowledged, vaguely, that in a sense he really wasn't Daniel Gray, but a new person entirely, a composite of Gray and the Extra D12 - but this was no comfort to him, whoever, whatever, he was.
Next door in D12, two old farmers named Thorvaldson and Jesperson, who have not spoken to each other in years, sleep, separated by a thin curtain, in a bright clutter of family photographs and grandchildren's drawings.
Its sequence is the three markers, 16294 - 73 - 263, or the locations of DNA base positions in the mitochondrial regions - rather much as A7, G10, D12, and so on indicate places on a map.