The Bren is a light machine gun.
Bren may also refer to:
- BREN or Bulgarian Research and Education Network
- Bren Carrier or Universal Carrier, a family of light armoured tracked vehicles built by Vickers-Armstrong
Bren Ten, a semi-automatic pistol chambered for 10mm Auto
- Vltor Bren Ten
- CZ-805 BREN, a Czech assault rifle created in 2009
- Bren, Drôme, France
- Breń, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, Poland
- Breń, West Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland
- Bren Events Center, a stadium on the campus of the University of Irvine, in California, U.S.
- Bren Hall, a hall on the campus of University of California, Santa Barbara, in Santa Barbara, California
- BREN Tower, a guyed steel framework mast on the Nevada Test Site in Nevada, U.S.
- Bren (surname)
Breń may refer to the following places in Poland:
- Breń, Lesser Poland Voivodeship
- Breń, West Pomeranian Voivodeship
Bren is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Donald Bren (born 1932), American businessman
- Frank Bren (born 1943), Australian actor and playwright
- Llywelyn Bren (died 1318), Welsh rebel
- Matevž Bren (born 1954), Slovenian mathematician
- Steve Bren (born 1960), American racing driver
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Bren \Bren\, Brenne \Bren"ne\, v. t. & i. [imp. & p. p. Brent
(?); p. pr. & vb. n. Brenning.] [See Burn.]
To burn. [Obs.]
Consuming fire brent his shearing house or stall.
Bren \Bren\, n.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
type of machine gun used by the British army in World War II, 1937, short for Bren gun, coined from first letters of Brno, Czechoslovakia, and Enfield, near London. The patent was purchased in Brno, and the gun was manufactured in Enfield.
n. (obsolete form of bran English) vb. (context obsolete English) To burn.
Usage examples of "bren".
Brenner of our risk-management office has assured me that developing some sort of internal pretreatment screening policy could significantly reduce the number of claims against our non-specialty staff members.
Bren complained, and replaited the last few turns, which, with her movement, had escaped the half-tied ribbon and his unskilled fingers.
It began to be a festivity, and if they could exit unpoisoned, Bren said to himself, they might secure the peace.
Jeff wanted to know, further, on what Bren estimated was the chatoyance of atevi eyes.
Bren said, and they proceeded to talk detailed business while Kaplan sipped his fizzwater and the vodka worked on their nervous systems.
The wit is not enough to carry on the joke through 108 letters, carefully composed in Teutonic dog Latin by the best Latinists north of the Brenner.
This is only however because the Germans have delayed a withdrawal through the Brenner and Ljubljana, presumably in order to bring their forces home from the Balkans.
They could however at any time retreat through the Brenner and Ljubljana and greatly shorten their line by holding from Lake Garda to, say, the mouth of the Adige.
Wallace looked like an Old Master painting: wounded soldier, with pack, Bren, Schmeisser, grenades and sulfa powder.
There was clearly more to Jonas Brenner than frayed jeans and an earring.
They considered him unfit as a parent, and they would do whatever was necessary to remove the Liz Kid from the pernicious influence of the Brenner half of her family.
Although it made no sense, she believed Jonas Brenner was the cause of her weepiness.
Mick Morrow but from Jonas Brenner and all the trouble he might well turn out to be.
Jonas Brenner to be your lawfully wedded husband through the good times and the bad, the ups and downs, the high tides and low, the calm days and the hurricanes, to make this marriage a thing of joy and beauty?
She was a married woman, and Jonas Brenner was her husband, and married people were allowed to kiss each other.