BOR may stand for:
- Bill of resources
- Biuro Ochrony Rządu, Polish Government Protection Bureau
- British other ranks
- Bureau of Outdoor Recreation
- North Borneo (1882–1963)
- Oranienburg station, Germany; DS100 station code BOR.
- Romanian Orthodox Church, Biserica Ortodoxă Română in Romanian
- United States Bill of Rights
- United States Bureau of Reclamation, properly abbreviated USBR
- БОР (, Bespilotnyi Orbital'nyi Raketoplan, "Unpiloted Orbital Rocketplane") a series of unmanned spaceplanes, see BOR
- Redirect Easterlings (First Age)#House of Bór
Bór may refer to:
- Bór, a fictional chieftain in Tolkien's legendarium; see Easterlings (First Age)
- Bór, Greater Poland Voivodeship (west-central Poland)
- Bór, Lesser Poland Voivodeship (south Poland)
- Bór, Opole Lubelskie County in Lublin Voivodeship (east Poland)
- Bór, Zamość County in Lublin Voivodeship (east Poland)
- Bór, Podlaskie Voivodeship (north-east Poland)
- Bór, Pomeranian Voivodeship (north Poland)
- Tadeusz Bór-Komorowski, a Polish officer and Commander of the Home Army
Bor (Tachov District)
Bor is a town in the Pilsen Region of the Czech Republic. It lies some to the west from the region capital of Pilsen. It is also the seat of the Municipality with Commissioned Local Authority within the Tachov Municipality with Extended Competence.
n. (context Norfolk English) boy
Usage examples of "bor".
We had heavy furs to keep us safe from the cold, and a thick woven rug to throw over Bor, as well as a sack of oats to feed him with, and dried meat and bread and beer for us.
We ate our midday meal on the move, with Bor taking his oats from a nosebag, stopping only to drink when we found a little stream that ran too fast to freeze.
Mother and I unhitched Bor from the sledge and followed, pulling the horse behind us up the steep bank that formed the doorstep.
Vigut stabbed the leader with his sword, letting out its lifeblood quickly, but the others poured past, backing Bor against the stone wall of the cave, jostling just out of range of his hooves.
Vigut carried her straight inside the hall when we arrived, leaving me to see to Bor and the sledge.
I passed in under an archway, leading Bor into a paved place enclosed by outbuildings and lit with torches.
They waited while another slave led Bor out of the barn, Finnulf following with a sharp knife in his hand.
They led Bor up, snorting and blowing in the early morning cold, roped his legs, and threw him down on his side.
We stood and watched until they were done, then went back to the hall, leaving my mother alone with Bor under the earth.
Then he drove the horse to the back of the cave, which Kund liked no better than Bor had.
Two precision arrow shots from Tristran and Bors brought down a pair of Woads fighting side by side.
Before the guard could respond, Bors and Tristran peeled off, looking to kill more Woads.
As legionnaires continued to battle Woads on the back of the carriage, Tristran and Bors unleashed arrow after arrow into the fray.
Gawain and Bors were impressed by the rich and elegant design, and studied it carefully and a little jealously.
THE MAIN HALL OF THE FORTRESS, Lancelot, Gawain, Galahad, Bors, Dagonet and Tristran stood behind chairs at the thick-plank circular table, waiting.