BIR or Bir may refer to:
- Bilhete de Identidade de Residente, the identity card issued to residents of the Chinese SAR of Macau
- Brainerd International Raceway, a road course, drag strip and kart track in Brainerd, Minnesota, USA
- British Institute of Radiology, professional society for medical imaging
- Birmingham International Raceway, a 5/8-mile oval paved racetrack located at the Alabama State Fairgrounds
- Board of Invention and Research, a military research group of the British Royal Navy Admiralty during World War I
- Burma's IOC country code
- Bureau of Internal Revenue (Philippines), an attached agency of the Department of Finance in the Philippines
- Baculovirus Inhibitor of apoptosis protein Repeat, a domain commonly found in Inhibitor of Apoptosis Proteins (IAPs)
- Built-in 'robe, a British term to describe a living space with a built-in closet
- British Indian Restaurant, adaptation of traditional Indian food for the British market
- Biólogo Interno Residente, Spain
Proper Names (Bir)
- Bir, Himachal Pradesh, town in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh
- Bir, Iran, a village in Fars Province, Iran
- Bir-e Bala, a village in Sistan and Baluchestan Province, Iran
- Bir-e Rasul Bakhsh, a village in Sistan and Baluchestan Province, Iran
- Bir-e Sofla, a village in Sistan and Baluchestan Province, Iran
- Bir, alternate name of Birdaf, a village in Sistan and Baluchestan Province, Iran
- Bir Ma'in, a Palestinian Arab village in the Ramle Subdistrict
- Bir Ghbalou District, a district of Bouïra Province, Algeria
- Bir Moghrein Airport, an airport serving Bir Moghrein, a city in the Tiris Zemmour region of Mauritania
- Bir Salim, a Palestinian Arab village in the Ramle Subdistrict
- Bir Tawil, a small area along the border between Egypt and Sudan which is claimed by neither country
- Bir Tibetan Colony, Tibetan refugee settlement in the town of Bir in Himachal Pradesh, India
- Bir Tungal, Hill area in Himachal Pradesh, India
- Beed, Maharashtra, India, also known as Bir
- Birecik, town on the Euphrates in Turkey, also known as Bir
- Bir (Mezarkabul album)
- Bir (Hepsi album), an album released by Hepsi in Turkey in April 2005
- Rosette Bir (1926–1992), French sculptor
Bir (Hepsi album)
Bir (One in Turkish), is an album released by Hepsi in Turkey in April 2005. To date, the Album has sold over 149,000 copies. It is ranked number 19 among the best-selling albums of 2005 in Turkey. Music videos have been produced for " Olmaz Oğlan", Debut Single, " Yalan", " Herşeye Rağmen" and " Üç Kalp".
Usage examples of "bir".
For your ancestor Brenn Bir did with the Disruptor somehow completely annihilate the alien Magellanians who invaded the galaxy two thousand years ago.
They seized several star-systems and prepared to expand their conquests, But Brenn Bir, one of the great scientist-kings of the Empire, struck out against them with some fearful power or weapon.
Brenn Bir would not have left solemn warning that it could destroy the galaxy, if it were!
OK, Chekov, clean that red gunk off and then well call Tram Bir and show him another Beshwa miracle.
Russian bounced jauntily out of the caravan, Tram Bir let out an incredulous gasp.
Tram Bir had said no, his men would have strung him up right there and elected you chief.
Tram Bir, who was supervising the placement of the tents, stopped them and said something, jerking his thumb toward the caravan.
Marching out of the pavilion came the clan chiefs in order of precedence, Tram Bir nearly last.
Tram Bir exchanged a few words with the soldiers who guarded the entrance.
When Tram Bir was dragged forward, his masked head hanging, the black-robed figure raised a hand.
The Nyalans have just completed a pipeline from Bir Oassa to Port Luard, here on the coast.
Halfway along it, here at Lasulu, a branch goes north to Bir Oassa and even beyond -to nowhere.
From Lasulu to Bir Oassa was about 800 miles and we flew over the broad strip of concrete thrusting incongruously through mangrove swamp, rain forest, savannah and the scrubby fringes of desert country.
Then it crossed the sea of grass and bush to the dry region of the desert and came to Bir Oassa where the towers of oil rigs made a newer, metal forest.
But if there is I would like to be a good deal closer to Bir Oassa than we are now.