Batticaloa (, Maṭṭakkaḷappu; , Madakalapuwa) is a major city in the Eastern Province, Sri Lanka, and its former capital. It is the administrative capital of the Batticaloa District. The city is the seat of the Eastern University of Sri Lanka and is a major commercial city. It is on the east coast, south by south east of Trincomalee, and is situated on an island. Pasikudah is popular tourist destinations, with beaches and flat year-round warm-water shallow-lagoons.
Batticaloa may refer to:
- Batticaloa, a city in Eastern Province, Sri Lanka
- Batticaloa District, a district in Eastern Province, Sri Lanka
- Batticaloa Territory, the former district and the ancient territory at Eastern Province,Sri Lanka.
- Batticaloa Electoral District, a multi-member electoral district of Sri Lanka
- Batticaloa Electoral District (1947-1989), a former single / two-member electoral district of Sri Lanka
- Batticaloa Lagoon, a large lagoon in Eastern Province, Sri Lanka
- Eastern University of Sri Lanka, Batticaloa
- History of Batticaloa