Barea may refer to:
- Barea (surname)
- Barea (genus), a concealer moth genus
- Barea Soranus, 1st century Roman senator
- A derogatory term for the Nara language of Eritrea
- A historical region in Sudan
Barea is a genus of moths of the family Oecophoridae.
There are several described species, all found in Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
Barea is a Spanish surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Arturo Barea (1897–1957), Spanish journalist, broadcaster and writer
- Claudia Barea (born 1994), Spanish footballer
- Juan Barea (born 1931), Argentine basketball player
- José Juan Barea (born 1984), Puerto Rican basketball player
- María Carmen Barea (born 1966), Spanish field hockey player
- Stephan Barea (born 1991), Puerto Rican footballer