Babka, also known as Kulich ( Cyrillic: Кулич), is a sweet yeast cake.
Babka may refer to:
- Babka (bread), a Polish sweet, leavened bread made with a rich dough (often containing raisins), which is made for Easter Sunday to celebrate the rising of Christ
- Potato babka, a savoury Belarusian dish made from potato
- Babka (cake), a sweet yeast cake
- Babka (genus), a genus of fish, of which the sole member is the racer goby
- Babka River, a river in Russia
- Babka (surname)
The surname Babka may refer to:
- Daniel Babka (born 1972), Slovak professional ice hockey defenceman
- Jim Babka (born 1968), American writer, activist, and former radio talk-show host
- John J. Babka (1884–1937), U.S. Representative from Ohio
- Marie Babka, former member of the Ohio House of Representatives from Cuyahoga County
- Rink Babka (born 1936), former American discus thrower
n. An Eastern European coffee cake flavored with orange rind, rum, almonds, and raisins
n : a coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds
Usage examples of "babka".
She was already in the doorway, putting on her kerchief, when I called from my bed: "Babka, Babka," which means Grandma, Grandma.