n. (context chemistry English) Used attributively for a nitrogen atom substituted for a carbon atom within a ring
Aza may refer to:
- A Hebrew romanization for: Gaza Gaza Strip
- Aza (Kanji: 字), a village or town section in the Japanese addressing system
- Azadkənd, Nakhchivan, Azerbaijan
- Aza, Azerbaijan
- Aźa, a Tibetan name for the Tuyuhun Kingdom
- the prefix aza-, indicating the presence of nitrogen in chemical nomenclature
- azathioprine, an immunosuppressant medication
- Aza, a king of Mannae
- Aza, a Kurdish male given name meaning brave, hero
AZA refers to an IATA code for Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport.
AZA can also refer to:
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums (formerly named "American Zoo and Aquarium Association")
- Aleph Zadik Aleph, a Jewish youth group that is part of BBYO
- The ICAO code for Alitalia, an Italian airline
Usage examples of "aza".
All the tunics and shirts looked a bit expensive to the youth, and he would have really preferred wool, but Aza seemed to insist.
Tiger-man withdrew to his own chamber, but not before Aza whispered loudly to Leif.
He saw Aza behind one of the pillars, his face utterly serious and eyes cold.