AXA is a French multinational insurance firm headquartered in the 8th arrondissement of Paris that engages in global insurance, investment management, and other financial services. The AXA Group operates primarily in Western Europe, North America, the Asia Pacific region, and the Middle East, with presence also in Africa. AXA is a conglomerate of independently run businesses, operated according to the laws and regulations of many different countries. The company is a component of the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index.
According to a 2011 paper by Vitali et al., AXA was the second most powerful transnational corporation in terms of ownership and thus corporate control over global financial stability and market competition with Barclays and State Street Corporation taking the 1st and 3rd position, respectively.
AXA may refer to:
- AXA, a French insurance company
- AXA (comics), a comic strip by Donne Avenell and Romero, about Axa, a barbarian woman of the future
- Alpha Chi Alpha, a fraternity at Dartmouth College
- Anguilla, a British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean
- AXA, IATA code for the Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport in Anguilla
- AXA (band), a rock/metal/progressive group from Detroit, Michigan, originally from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Axa was the title of a newspaper comic strip featuring the eponymous lead character, which was published in British daily tabloid The Sun from 1978 to 1986. It was written by Donne Avenell and drawn by Romero.