Aug or AUG may refer to:
- An abbreviation of , the eighth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar
- Augusta State Airport in Augusta, Maine (IATA Code: AUG)
- AUG, Armee-Universal-Gewehr (also: Sturmgewehr 77, short Stg 77) of the Austrian company group Steyer
- Start codon, the three-nucleotide sequence that starts translation of mRNA, and codes for the amino acid Methionine
- Aztlan Underground, an activist rock en Español and hip hop group
- Applicative Universal Grammar, a linguistic theory
- an augmented chord
- AUG is an abbreviation for the digital gold currency unit "grams of gold, payable in e-gold" (AU being the chemical symbol for gold, G representing grams)
- Augusta Railroad, defunct Arkansas railroad
- The codon for the amino acid Methionine
Aug is a hard rock band from New Jersey. The band was formed in 2008 and have since released two albums and have opened for many bands including King's X, Savatage, and Joe Lynn Turner. The band is also notable for the lead singer's voice, which is similar to Ozzy Osbourne. The band has appeared in the program That Metal Show.
The band released its debut album, entitled 20 Years in Hell, in 2011. In 2014, the band released its second album, entitled Be Careful What You Wish For.
n. (alternative spelling of Aug. English)
Usage examples of "aug".
Most of them had American uniforms and M-16s, though some looked like British Army and carried bullpup AUG assault rifles.
DR Congo Feb 2000Ongoing Resolute Response Africa Aug 1998Present Gatekeeper California 1995Present Hold-the-Line Texas 1995Present Safeguard Arizona 1995Present Golden Pheasant Honduras Mar 1988Present Alliance U.
Liberian NEO 22 Oct 199225 Oct 1992 Provide Relief Somalia 14 Aug 199208 Dec 1992 ?
Matsu islands 23 Aug 195801 Jun 1963 Blue Bat Lebanon 15 Jul 195820 Oct 1958 Suez Crisis Egypt 26 Jul 195615 Nov 1956 Taiwan Straits Taiwan Straits 11 Aug 195401 May 1955 Korean War Korea 27 Jun 195027 July 1953 Berlin Airlift Berlin 26 Jun 194830 Sep 1949 In these several hundred wars against Communism, terrorism, drugs, or sometimes nothing much, between Pearl Harbor and Tuesday, September 11, 2001, we tended to strike the first blow.
Letter of the Directory of Calvados to the Minister of the Interior, Aug. 3.
Other decrees against the émigrés and their relations, Aug. 14, 23, 30, and Sept.
Other decrees against the ecclesiastics or the property of the church, Aug. 17, 18, 19, and Sept.
Section of Gravilliers, letter of Charles Chemin, commissary, to Santerre, and deposition of Ilingray, cavalryman of the national gendarmerie, Aug. 11.
Speech by Robespierre at the bar of the Assembly in the name of the commune, Aug. 15.
List of the section commissioners sitting at the Hôtel-de-ville, Aug. 10, before 9 o'clock in the morning.
It was true that her primary mandate was to aug ment the doctors and surgeons who cared for Republic troops, using her skills as a healer, but she was also sup posed to keep an eye on the harvesters, to make sure that the bota was being packed and shipped to offworld Republic ports as it was supposed to be.
He looked at his newly issued calendar watch (0702 hours, 2 Aug 1532.